Awesome conditions today at OML

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OML has such strong boosters I need to dive it, maybe a lot! What kind of cart works best? I know it needs big fat wheels, but do people use an open cart, or a closed box on wheels? Anyone have a photo of what they use?

You don't need big fat wheels.

You need pneumatic tires or at the very least, soft-filled rubber tires (read: flat proof).

I move two scooters, two 130's two complete sets of gear (weighted back plates, weight belts, etc.), my dry box and the deathstar, all in a cart with very skinny pneumatic wheels.

And it collapses to about 4" or 5" wide, weighs nothing and is a breeze to push to the point and pull up the hill. I don't want to be pulling the weight of a 40 or 50 pound wagon up the hill, in addition to several hundred pounds of gear.

We don't move one person's gear in this. We move two.

---
Ken

OML has such strong boosters I need to dive it, maybe a lot! What kind of cart works best? I know it needs big fat wheels, but do people use an open cart, or a closed box on wheels? Anyone have a photo of what they use?
I like my wagon. It's lightweight wood construction and knobby tires handle two complete sets of gear, drysuits, dry clothes and sometimes a five gallon shower and cooler.
DSCF1934.jpg

So I was lucky enough to get in on this dive, thanks to Ken and Claudette for leading and to Jamie and John for being amazing dive buddies! This was my first trip to OML and damn! The hike wasn't as bad as I expected and the diving was way better. In preparation for what I expected the trail fo tears I went out and bought a solid mesh steel fairly rugged flat cart. unfortunately I didn't have much time the day before to modify it as I would like.I did get to install a rear push rail and zip tie a couple of spare tires underneath. I think next I'm going to build a full rail system so i don't have to use truck straps.

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

DSCF1040.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

It worked really well for me especially with Jamie steering and me pushing, next time I think we should put your gear on as well.

Billy

Ohh yeah and for all of you that missed out on our insanely amazing dive yesterday, neener-neener-neeeeeeeener! :lotsalove:

Billy,

That looks like it is destined for "long walk" sometime in the near future. What do you think about mid January?

g.

Billy,

That looks like it is destined for "long walk" sometime in the near future. What do you think about mid January?

g.

That was the first thing that came to my mind! I'm out of town the 1st half of January but 2nd half I'm down!

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom