Awesome 2hr grand circuit dive today at bw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrewy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
BW was a nice 20-30ft vis and no surge to speak of.
Plan was to test my new doubled HP120 AKA "portable boiler" and Doug's GoPro.
Also we wanted to complete "grand circuit" on foot. BW to Barge, BArge to Pipe, Pipe to metridium and back to pipe station.

Without any scootering devices we dropped at mark 6 in 10ft of water, went along the wall to 40ft, did a bag shoot , ascended at base 9.
Flippered to mark 13 , dropped along the wall into 40ft , took 330 heading, and found a cave line about 30 ft out, in about 50ft of water.

Followed line to the barge, found a Pacific Electric Ray, marked end of the line with a spool, did jump to the barge. Barge is full of life tons of fish all over the place, many CAbezones and LIngs.

Went back to the line, took heading to 290 and went on a long swim to the pipes, tried to follow 50ft depth countour. Found a Shark Egg pouch on the way unfortunately i cant tell which kind it was belongs to, may be Horn shark?. Found many Octopi on a way, sitting in the sand in the open looking at us.
Found pipe in 50ft of water, about 50 ft off its end, went to metridiums, visibility started to drop at that point. So we did not go too far out , came back to the pipe and turned dive.

I had to dump about 900 PSI from my doubles to do weight check, which was right on the money. 120 minutes , max was 60 something average 47ft depth. So it can be done on foot after all :)

Last edited:
Wow impressive! Only 2 hrs? :wink:

Oh by the way how did the video from the other day turn out?

^That guy still owes me a grand tour circuit! Of course I still owe him some boat dives. Although I don't think he dives with us lowly recreational divers anymore :(

Doug, next time you are doing a night dive at the BW, venture off about 30ft into the sand and keep your eyes open for little creatures popping in and out of holes. New Years eve a couple years ago we saw tons of little octo's wandering around. We have also seen bigger ones mating on the rock wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom