Avoid AeroSkin of California Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A while back I bought an Aeroskin suit for my wife. After a week (10 dives) it had many small tears in it near and far from seams. It was returned and replaced. My wife used the new for 30 dives over a two week period. One the 29th dive the fleece material split and separated from the lycra.

I just talked to AeroSkin California. The woman there gave me a song and dance that this was normal and that the chlorine was the problem and they would not replace it again. I found this to be incredulous as the suit was never washed just rinsed in dunk tanks on the live-a-board from a reverse osmosis system. IMHO it seems to me that they are selling defective products.

My LDS said that they have been having problems with them as well and are no longer ordering from them.

Their website is "under construction". Although I was able to access some pages to their contact information it still lists a product cataloge for 2000.

Sounds as though they are going belly up which is not surprising. As such IMHO I would avoid their products every if the LDS is selling dirt cheap.

YMMV

Oh, I have no reason to think that they are going under. I've actually been thru this with the same lady before, different skin, same problem - same reactions from her. She just did not believe it could happen.

Anyway, she's replacing it - "as as first and last time gesture" - like she did before.

Interesting ... even if they do replace it who wants to go through this type of hassle with a company? I will spend my money somewhere else.

Scared Silly:
Interesting ... even if they do replace it who wants to go through this type of hassle with a company? I will spend my money somewhere else.
Yeah, warranty claims should not be an "alienate the customer" experience. I had 3 at the same time: Oceanic replaced my $300 computer with smiles and speed. Armor fixed my luggage zippers almost the same, except they missed one; had to return the bad again, but at their expense! Aeroskin - just a pain. So while I like the two skins I have from them, and am looking forward to the replacement - I don't think I'd buy another.

Now, getting my Windows PC extended warranty honored - wow, what a hassle. :11:

ive been diving in my old areoskin for over 8 years now with out a problem and hubby for about a year.... but, when in guam last month i noticed alot of Guam residents in them and they all seemed to have a layer peeling away from their suit.

the areoskins we have in australia do def look different in fabric manufacture to the ones that these US people were diving in.

we discussed this on the boat and one lady said she gonig to order her suit from a aussie LDS as she liked the look of what we were wearing.

ours are def aeroskins from the US so i dont know why we would have a different product though

Just a quick followup. My local shop tried to get the suit replaced for us. Areoskin sent it back. Again I would avoid Areoskin as they customer service sucks and their products do not last. I am now talking with Malden Mills about this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom