Average salaries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends on who you work for and how hard you are willing to work. I've worked all over the world and made from $600 a month to $3000 a month. Ask a more specific question about what type of company you will make the most money with and you'll probably get more complete answers.

In Brazil, you can hope to clear around 1.5 thou US$ monthly. At best, and yes- you have to invest in your equipment, so there. There are always perks.
I work on a part-time basis, commissioned, so I can't be a personal reference.

Now, that can be low or high, depending on your expectations, cost of living, etc. The above mentioned salary is considered as “average-low” in Brazil, if you have a undergrad degree.

Those of you that didn't list a specific number, do you know what the salary range is? Don't include zero.

Why? Zero is a common salary for dive pros. I've seen instructors who are full time get 25K a year but that's also working full time behind the counter or doing tech work. I know instructors who make 60K a year but trust me, they've been around for awhile and love tons of experience and certs. A new guy doesn't usually make much or anything.

$7.25 - $10 (and change)per hour for northern bahamas, first figure is for new instructor, last one for dive supervisor(!). divemasters and equivalent, obviously less, can't give you specifics.
the money does suck, but those in it for the money don't last long...
hope this helps

Between $8-10/hour plus tips and I get paid to dive, that's a quality of life bonus :wink:

Rachel

Currently employed as a liveaboard instructor/engineer.

$US1000 per/month + tips and commission on classes/certs. Just a tad bit more than my ski bum/ ski instructor cousin.

Benefits=free diving, tan, and stoked grin.

Don't use my undergrad or grad degrees, but they make for interesting post dive conversations w/ guests. Could make more dinero writing BS consultant reports, but I'll leave that wonderful job to a 2 week-a-year dive crew volunteer.

Keep it salty.

MJY--PM sent.

As a newly qualified DM in Taganga, Colombia, I earned 5 dollars per trip (2 tank dive) per diver, 10 dollars a day per diver for assisting, 45 dollars per diver for teaching Discover Scuba. Enough to live on. I gave up work in the UK, sold my house & all & don't regret it one bit. About to do IDC & carry on...

Here in Panama City my old LDS pays $8 per hour $25 per boat trip but you get tips from the passengers. :lotsalove: Job was to open shop, load the 20 passenger boat (4 miles from shop), tie in and untie from the wrecks, as well as guide the divers who needed "alittle extra" attention to come home alive. My friend made 600 dives doing this from May-December and about $10k before taxes (I am pretty sure he'll get some back).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom