Average salaries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

epic

Registered
Reaction score
What are average typical salaries for instructors and DM's employed full time in each country? I realize it varies hugely, what is the low to high range?

I can definitely state that the low range for DM compensation is

ZERO

$0.00 and all the up to costing you money.

LOL looks like we have a bunch of cynics here. Good thing they don't offer gear and class finacing....oh wait!! theres always that credit card

In Fort Lauderdale, you can make anywhere from $640 a month to upwards of $3500 a month.

It depends on the boat you work for, how much and how hard you work, and the time of year.

I know many dive leaders who make a living teaching but, there are plenty of dive leaders stupid enough to work for nothing so......

The range over here is huge with salaries from the low end Y50-Y80,000 a month to the high end of Y300,000 per month. Much depends on what you bring to an operation in terms of experience and knowledge and how much you work. There will always be those who think working for free is acceptable in this industry and get paid accordingly others will get paid quite well.

Those of you that didn't list a specific number, do you know what the salary range is? Don't include zero.

Back
Top Bottom