• 0.8-0.89 cu ft/min, 22.6-25.4 l/min

Votes: 16 2.0%
  • 0.9-0.99 cu ft/min, 25.5-28.2 l/min

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • greater than or equal to 1.0 cu ft/min, 28.3 l/min

Votes: 13 1.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy 6th birthday to the Average Gas Consumption thread :bday:. Now, over 30,000 views. There are 350 posts and 534 votes in the poll.

1656852064398.png

The median, mode, and weighted average are all 0.5-0.59 cu ft/min or 14.2-16.7 liters/min

Good diving to everyone :)

If I change my vote now, is that going to mess you up???
No, everyone should always change their vote in the poll if their average gas consumption changes, the poll was designed that way.

If anyone reading this thread has not voted, please do so.

On the off chance that not everyone is already aware, Subsurface has a neat statistics module where it can show (among other things) a nice box-and-whiskers plot of RMV as it has developed over time. I find it quite satisfying. :)

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 15.45.22.png

I have indeed voted, and changed it over the years. :) Yeah that first “year” consists of my four OW checkout dives, which was a bit of a cold shock and getting used to a drysuit… things have improved since.

Yeah, had to change my vote. I've gotten a lot better on air consumption than when I first voted. During the recent Coz Invasion, the only dive I had with a rate @ .50 or higher was a shore dive where we had a strong surge. And that was after 2 morning dives so we tired quicker.

My sac has gone up amazingly but I don't care... diving a rebreather for a couple of years now. But you do notice when you dive OC from time to time.

On the off chance that not everyone is already aware, Subsurface has a neat statistics module where it can show (among other things) a nice box-and-whiskers plot of RMV as it has developed over time. I find it quite satisfying. :)

View attachment 731414
I had no idea! This is awesome

@scubadada @Duke Dive Medicine wanted to write a quick follow up post to my experience with covid and what we had talked about in this thread back in February.

Sadly I was never able to make it to a doctor. It's hard for me to find the time when I was progressively feeling better. I have dove consistently over the last few months, but my cough would still be there. I remember someone saying "you still have the cough?" within the last month but as of today it's 100% gone. Although I couldn't put an exact date on it, it's finally cleared up all the way in the last 3 weeks. I can breath deeply and don't feel anything abnormal at all.

What really brought my attention to it was the dive on Sunday. It felt perfect.. breathing was 100% back to normal. Not 1 cough in the 78 min I was under. Felt fantastic!

So for me (37 year old) it seems it took a full 7 months before being 100% back to normal. SAC for the dive averaged .54!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom