Average age of scuba divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

perhaps clusters due to the fact that some of us are actually at work and must abandon this addicting board to do work?:wink:

In a manner expressed by a previous poster, 115 between myself and my wife.
Of course this only gives the average age of SBers and not divers in general. :D

36 yo ... Does that mean I'm perfect?

I'm feeling like were lacking some members of the 18-25 demographic ... I have tons of friends my age who dive but never get on SB

ScubaBabe22, it appears that one of the clusters is forming around 50ish and older; and another among those under 25. There seems to be relatively fewer replies in the "average", or mean, age mentioned earlier. Maybe they have more sense.

Several boards I've watched over the years show a dramatic drop in activity after 5PM local time, suggesting that there are many posts emanating from office or work computers. Then, there are some of us who eke out a meager living in the hallowed halls of academe. The distinction between work time and free time tends to blur, especially after tenure.

The gap in age, seems in many ways to be due to parents getting their kids into diving.
A 50 year old diver with a 20 year old daughter who dives, brings the average to 35.

There does seem to be relatively few 30 - 40 year olds in the actual "average" range!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom