Average age of divers today???

What is your age I am looking for average age of divers today.

• 10yr to 19yr

Votes: 26 2.5%
  • 20yr to 29yr

Votes: 139 13.2%
  • 30yr to 39yr

Votes: 231 22.0%
  • 40yr to 49yr

Votes: 262 24.9%
  • 50yr to 59yr

Votes: 286 27.2%
  • 60yr to 69yr

Votes: 96 9.1%
  • 70yr+ You just cant quit diving.

Votes: 12 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I am all over the scale, I am like a little kid heading to the water. "Are we there yet?" Then I am all Mrs. Experience, as I get my husband to carry the tanks and put all my gear together. :wink:

Then comes the kid again. "ooohhhhh pool time" I laugh and play (narced?) then pop up, rest and repeat. Then we get on the 10-14 straight days 4-5 dives a day, and I swear at the end of it I am a 70 year old man who spent his life drinking and whoring. I have a smile on my face but I am barely moving. That last step on the ladder is a killer. :rofl3:

Worth every ache and pain!

But today I am wishing I was in kid mode at the moment.

I am not wanting to hear from the vacation divers I am looking at the folks dive on a regular basis and/or that try to dive when ever they can (which is most on this board).

I'm out. Landlocked. I cry racist!

Really.
Well then you may have just disqualified a pretty big population. It might change the poll a bit.

Well probably not a big population on this board which are active divers. If you dive 1-2 times a YEAR then you are not a diver IMO.

As a dive guide,I see mostly of 40-60 year old divers through my years. I agree with "Jax" in that's the age group that can take off work & afford traveling/diving. I started guiding over ten years ago & will be 60 next year.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

That's true of those that don't live near the coast line and need to travel to dive. Also resources like EBay make the cost of gear a little more reasonable. Then we have the fact that the avg young person is simply not in great shape. Physical sports are not as popular as they once were. TV the internet show people things that once required you to strap on a tank and go see for yourself.

I'm 52 and started diving when I was 20 while I was stationed in Okinawa. This summer, I'm taking my 12 y/o daughter for her OW. She has wanted to dive for several years and is a qualified to be a life guard, if were not for her age. She already took the PADI online course and her confined dives and open water dives will be in Fiji. I can hardly wait to see her face when she does that first OW dive!! Proud pappy!!

My wife and I started diving 8 years ago at age 52.....last month we celebrated our 1,000 dive ......couldn't have accomplished that at age 30, no money and no time back then.

I am a vacation diver ie: I don't dive at home, as Puget Sound is too cold for me. But I manage to log 55 - 60 dives per year. Am I a real diver?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom