Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp:
Never Mind
Ok -
nature-smiley-014.gif

I'm having the same problem on a file from photobucket that I've previously used as an avatar. What is the size, as I'm advised it is too large? Thanks.

Never mind, I just realized the image was 101 x 76 and reduced it to 100 x 75 in photobucket.

Now if you would just hand me the hot towel to wipe the egg off my face:embarassed:

It's nice that PB now has the Avatar size loading option. I use Microsoft Resizer Powertoy to custom size pics.

Really, I thot that SB had automtica Avatar sizing now...??

DandyDon,

I seem to recall photobucket recently made some changes that included automatic resizing for avatars (100 x 75), thumbnails (160 x 120) and website/email posting (320 x 240). They also now let you set a maximum upload size of 800 x 600 which comes in handy for batch uploads, thus saving time from resizing individually after uploading.

I had the avatar photo uploaded to PB before they came out with the above features. As it was properly sized for another board, thought it would work here. Eventually the lightbulb flickered on and I figured it out. :11doh:

Now to try to get some photos into my gallery. I tried to batch load an album from PB into an album I created on SB, was advised it was uploaded, but there's nothing in the SB album. I'm guessing it is a size issue and will retry.

jpep

jpep:
DandyDon,

I seem to recall photobucket recently made some changes that included automatic resizing for avatars (100 x 75), thumbnails (160 x 120) and website/email posting (320 x 240). They also now let you set a maximum upload size of 800 x 600 which comes in handy for batch uploads, thus saving time from resizing individually after uploading.

I had the avatar photo uploaded to PB before they came out with the above features. As it was properly sized for another board, thought it would work here. Eventually the lightbulb flickered on and I figured it out. :11doh:

Now to try to get some photos into my gallery. I tried to batch load an album from PB into an album I created on SB, was advised it was uploaded, but there's nothing in the SB album. I'm guessing it is a size issue and will retry.

jpep
Yeah, I use the Message Board size load in Uploading Options usually so I can use pics in threads here if I wish without blowing the thread away.

The Photo Gallery instructions are wrong for zips. I do not know why this has not been fixed - so that one can load 4000 Kb zips like we used to, or to change the instructions, but the maxium Zip you can load now is 2 Mb. See my therad here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=164135

I've never tried loading from an Url. But if you have, or will save, your pics on your PC, you can use this method.

DandyDon,

Well try as I might, just can't get the photos posted into my member gallery from Photobucket. Guess I'll just have to get back to work and give it a try from my home PC where the images are stored.

Really odd, since I repeatedly received messages that the upload was successful. :confused:

Thanks for the assistance!

jpep

jpep:
DandyDon,

Well try as I might, just can't get the photos posted into my member gallery from Photobucket. Guess I'll just have to get back to work and give it a try from my home PC where the images are stored.

Really odd, since I repeatedly received messages that the upload was successful. :confused:

Thanks for the assistance!

jpep
The PG system has issues. I just know my approach works if you have them on your computer.

Saving from PBucket is a drag. Aol albums will let me download the whole album.

Back
Top Bottom