Avalon Semi dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sujo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for a 7mm farmer John style wetsuit for use in and around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Came across the "Promate Avalon 6mm 2-Piece Semi Drysuit". Has anyone heard of or used this? I have been unsuccessful in trying to find any info on it
Thanks

Sujo,

The semi-dry is a little misleading, this is no dry suit. What it is; is a 6.5 full suit that comes with a sleeveless and legless jacket with integrated hood. The semi-dry statement comes from the use of soft wrist and ankle seals that limit water movement in and out of the suit, that's it...

I use the suit personally and rent them as well. I can say that I have been quite happy with the Promate line and they are quite affordable. The fleet in two years old now with quite a few dives and is holding up well. What I really like about the suit is its versatility. I wear the outer part of the suit only sparingly in the colder months and use the full suit with a hood or hooded vest most of the season. You'll find that with most john and jacket combos that they "complete" one another and can not be worn alone; the jacket has no legs and the john has no arms, you get the point...

I sell this suit and a description can be found here. I actually have a large in stock and could ship it out right away.

PM also sent, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to drop me a line,

Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom