Avalon 19-20 Mar 05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jengineer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well well well my wife''s plans on running in the Avalon 10k have been put on hold. She has run in 7 of the LA marathons and was looking forward to a fun run in Catalina. Ha lets talks about hills. On Sat they are running a "fun" run and a marathon from, I think, the airport to Avalon. I was going to cheer her on. As she has been sick the last couple of weeks and has not been running she informed me that the trip has changed from run to let"s go get a $500 t-shirt (after you add in the hotel, dining, parking, boat ride...)

As an after thought she suggested I haul over my dive gear. Humm what a novel idea. Is anyone going to over there this weekend? If so drop me a line at
lostdiver61 at yahoo dot com and I will give ya details of where we will be and a cell number - hey it sometimes works on the island.

I have been forced to retire the lime green trilam dry suit. A couple hundred dives short of 1000 logged dives on the suit (probably about another 300 of ahem unlogged dives). Not bad for an 8 year outfit. I am not sure if I will be diving wet or if I can scrounge someone out of their suit for the weekend.

Game plan is movie on friday night, dining out on sat. or dining out friday and movie on sat depending on what is playing. BBQ on the other night. Diving - probably 1 or 2 dives on sat maybe another on sunday. Glass bottom boat on sat - I have not done that since the late '60's when there used to be some hard hat divers in the area.

je

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom