Available: Macintosh Software for Suunto Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone got this program to work with the PL-2303 adapter? I've got 2 different adapters that are built with this chipset (IOGEAR and a Generic) but have not been able to get them to work. I've tried 2 versions of the driver (1.0.8b3, 1.0.9b6). The download cable is a generic that I got from Hong Kong (off eBay). The download cable works fine on my PC/Mosquito. I've tried this on both of my Macs (iMac FP 800, TiBook 400 - OS X 10.4). Here's the dump...

DiveLog version 1.1b3
Licensed to
Suunto module
Port usbserial0
Charging interface
Sending initial command
TestCommand 41 54 0d AT.
< [timeout]
echo = false
< [timeout]
TestCommand 41 54 0d AT.
< 41 A
< 54 T
< 0d .
< [timeout]
ifechos = true
> Command 05 00 24 01 20 ..$.
< 6a 61 76 61 2e 6e 69 6f 2e 48 65 61 70 42 79 74 java.nio.HeapByt
65 42 75 66 66 65 72 5b 70 6f 73 3d 35 20 6c 69 eBuffer[pos=5 li
6d 3d 35 20 63 61 70 3d 35 5d m=5 cap=5]
< ff ff ff ff ....
Communications failure. (error 6) (java.lang.Exception)

I'm not against getting a different serial adapter if it will help. I would really like to use my Mac to download (and as soon as it works, I'm buying the program).

People have hard very mixed results with this USB adapter.

The issue is that there is circuitry inside the Suunto serial cable, and that draws power through the serial port. Not all USB adapters are capable of providing enough power through their serial port to run the conversion circuit in the Suunto cable. That's likely what is happening in your case. This is why I strongly recommend the Keyspan USB adapters. They are the only ones about which I haven't gotten complaints.

-Mark

maractwin:
People have hard very mixed results with this USB adapter.

The issue is that there is circuitry inside the Suunto serial cable, and that draws power through the serial port. Not all USB adapters are capable of providing enough power through their serial port to run the conversion circuit in the Suunto cable. That's likely what is happening in your case. This is why I strongly recommend the Keyspan USB adapters. They are the only ones about which I haven't gotten complaints.

-Mark
In that case, I'll try to pick up one of the Keyspan adapters and try agin. Thanks for the insight.

m7scuba:
In that case, I'll try to pick up one of the Keyspan adapters and try agin. Thanks for the insight.
Thanks maractwin... I just tested with a Keyspan adapter and was able to download from the Mosquito. Now I can give you software an honest test. So far I'm impressed.

Keyspan USA-19HS USB Serial Adapter connecting my Mosquito to my eMac worked first try for me. No problems at all.

Hello I've installed this software on my Imac I just got my Suunto D9 today and when I plug in into mac and suunto click on export it said port not found??

Have you installed the driver for the cable you are using?
See DiveLog faq item 8.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom