Available: Macintosh Software for Suunto Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maractwin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've written dive management software for the Mac which talks to Suunto dive computers. It is available for public beta testing now. The beta is fully functional, but will expire on 11/30/2004. I'm still deciding how to distribute the finished program.

See http://divelog.actwin.com/

Requirements: Mac OS X, version 10.3, a USB to serial converter such as the Keyspan PDA Adapter, either a genuine Suunto or third party data cable, and a recent model Suunto dive computer such as the Stinger, Mosquito, Cobra, Vyper, or Vytec.

I welcome all feedback, comments and suggestions.

-Mark

Hello Mark:

as I wrote earlier, your software works great with my Mosquito, Powerbook, Keyspan adapter and Suunto clone cable. I just wanted to give you some additional feedback on things I encountered while using the software:

1. On the 'Equipment' tab, I had to highlight one item (mask, BC, fins...) at a time and click on the arrow button in order to move it into the left hand window. It would be nice to be able to select multiple items and move them at the same time. Also, drag and drop did not work. I was able to drag the item. I would then see the translucent icon with the green "+" sign in it while dragging the item over the left side window. However, upon releasing the mouse button, nothing would happen.

2. It would be nice to have a floating pop-up legend for the small icons on the chart tab that explains what an icon stands for. For instance: there was an upward pointing arrow in one of my dive charts. I assume that it correpsonds to 'SLOW' on the Suunto computer itself. I think SDM has that legend and it would be helpful if DiveLog did as well.

3. Under 'Conditions' (1st tab) I entered something like 'sunny, clear'. later on, I entered 'clear, sunny'. Both end up in the drop down menu for easy selection. I tried to delete one of them but was unable to do so.

All of those are really minor things and do not really impact the functionality of the product. I'm quite happy with the product at this point.

Cheers,

Andre

>>>>>>>>
I welcome all feedback, comments and suggestions.

-Mark

There's a chance on Cochran. Though it's not real high on my list as it is not all that popular a brand. Though I have a dive buddy who uses one, so I could test it. Maybe after Oceanic & Uwatec, both of which I'm working on now.

-Mark

maractwin:
There's a chance on Cochran. Though it's not real high on my list as it is not all that popular a brand.

-Mark

That would be extremely cool. To me Cochran is a little like Mac -- not exactly the most popular brand out there -- but I like it. Goes with my Force Fins :)

I forget, are Aeris computers made by Pelagic, the same as Oceanic and a couple of other brands? If so, those may get supported soon. I'm working on an Oceanic VT Pro now.

-Mark

I am logging on in TOTAL frustration trying to get my Aladin Pro Ultra to talk to my Macintosh G4.

First, lots of trouble with the Keyspan adapter, and no matter what I try now I get the infuriating "Memo Mouse Not Found!" window. I'm changing the batteries now and if that doesn't work, I am at a loss.

I am SO ready to just chuck this thing out the window. I think I will, as I am actually planning to start wearing a Suunto Mosquito for backup. If I can get software to work with the Suunto, I really will chuck the Aladin software. I am SO tired of having to run Microsoft garbage, even if it is only 'virtual PC'...I feel so unclean having it on my Mac!

:wink:

I'm just about to release version 1.1 which adds several new features to the program - notably pictures - as well as better support for metric data and use in languages other than English. For version 1.2, I'm going to try to support additional dive computers. The Suunto D9 is my first priority, then probably the VT Pro.

-Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom