Auto dump valve Q

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Fusion and just about the fit the Tech Skin for first time.

I removed the Autodump valve, and have a simplistic Q The adjustment, i.e. from fully open to the closing it down stops ...

When you rotate the valve should I hear 'positive' clicks for each 'stop' ... I was sure I did when I last adjusted it ... but as I tend to leave it alone on a dive I'm not sure.

I can feel ... each stop as I close it down, or open it up, but no clicks ...

Anybody care to comment ... if I should hear clicks, how do I open it up and sort this out.

I have maybe 50 dives on my Fusion and the valve never had the same nice even click/stop feel as the sitech valves in previous suits. It is however still a great valve in terms of how it dumps/operates.

If I have any concern it is that it has gotten a bit gritty feeling over time (ie: even less smooth) and it feels like the spring is widning up/slipping rather than just compressing more as it closes down.

I am tempted to take it apart for a good cleaning and lubrication.

I thought the valves on Fusion were Sytec valves ? ... at least that is what I read in the test reviews.

As far as I know, Whites has always been using the Si Tech valves.
We sell quite a few valves, all of them Si Tech.
Si Tech keeps improving / modifying their valves on a continual basis so it's not unusual for them to present a different "feel" from one batch to the next.
They can feel considerably different if someone has tried to unscrew one from the suit by gripping it by the outermost portion; the stops can get broken off if honked on really hard.
The proper location / technique to remove a Si Tech valve is to immobilize the narrow portion that's right at the suit contact area [outside the suit] & unscrew the inner portion.
There are tiny "tabs" on the areas of the valve that get gripped by a "valve tool", and that's where you grab ahold.
I have a pic around someplace where I drew little lines pointing out the different places that differentiate the swivel from the non-swivel inflators & I did draw a line to one of those little "tabs".
I'm on the road right now or I could shoot a quick pic of said tool.
At any rate, here's a pretty hefty size pic [if it uploads] where the red lines indicate the little "tabs" yellow arrow is where they swivel.
The suit material or valve port goes between the tabbed portions, the white washer goes on the inside of the suit.

Attachments

• inflator_valves.jpg
    inflator_valves.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 144
Yep that is what I held to undo and redo the things up ...

I did the dump valve up a little tighther today .. and it is making a clicking noise now at each stop ... just not as load as before.

Reading what I wrote, I can see where it could look ambiguous as to the maker of the valve on the fusion. I meant to say the si tech valve on it feels different than other si tech valves I have owned. I am tempted to switch it with one of my other ones.

Back
Top Bottom