Aussie diving Jan 12th to 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You were posting while I was posting. Great shots... I love the blenny most of all but the Nudi is brilliant. Your viz must have been pretty decent. The "distance shots" are excellent as well. The weedy is excellent you are getting pretty decent depth of field. I'd be proud of these shots... yes the blue ring is weird!

What setting did you use for your distance shots... auto?

Well for the first dive I had 4m of viz and second was about 6m. You should see the photos I have not posted :wink: I got lucky on a few of them and the backscatter was minimal :bounce: :bounce: I had a lot of natural sunlight though so that kept the water nice and blue for the distance shots. I have added more to my flickr site too if you want to see more : Flickr: Saspotato's Photostream. I am labelling them at the moment so not all of them are described yet or put in collections :shocked2: I hate it when they are messy like this so will finish that up and then bed time for me :)

I was using auto or manual only, and the manual mode is set up as per your instructions so I owe you lots of credit for the shots as I am quite happy with them so the settings must be good :)

Brilliant stuff I love that blenny... eyes and mouth so in focus. and you are only going to get better once you work out distances. Gonna be showing me up... I should have thought of that....hmmmmm

well night I may dive tomorrow so off to bed

Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks :) Well that cuttlefish shot you posted just before will be very hard to top, for example! So I think you are safe :rofl3:

It is funny, the blenny shot I wasn't even looking in the viewfinder or the screen as there were heaps of other divers around and I didn't want to get in the way of them seeing it so I just flipped over the engine block upside down, stuck my camera near the hole and hoped for the best! Funny how those shots can turn out so much better than the planned ones!

I am not diving tomorrow but will be on Monday, can't wait. I have my new camera and my new BC to play with :) I probably won't take the camera on the 30m dive I am doing first though as there is not much macro stuff down there and also only tested the case to 20m so far... We are doing a dive at the Ozone wreck after so will be able to take heaps of shots then :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom