Aussie diving - August 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mate that's a great video. I think you guys got the pick of the days. We didn't see any rays on the Saturday, which was a surprise for Byron. How'd you go with the water temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Here's the little video I was talking about re the diving at Byron last weekend. We didn't make it back this weekend, so it's next weekend for sure!

As I said, my first ever video, so a little bit cr*p. Suggestions welcome. No filter used. No light. Those are things I will look at fixing, plus trying to get a grip that makes stuff smoother.

Scuba Byron Bay Grey Nurse Sharks 2012 - YouTube

Great video. I am going there in October (amongst other places along the coast), hoping to see some Grey Nurse Sharks as well. You have me so excited.

-------------

I went diving on the weekend at Flinders Pier in Victoria. It was a shore dive and part of my Nitrox course (which I passed yay).
It. Was. Freezing.

I don't have a hood and I got in the water, it was ok. I got to test my new wetsuit, it was amazingly warm but as soon as I went underwater my head froze. I have never felt anything like it. It actually hurt my jaw.
Eventually it got better.

I dived on EANx32 and we only did 3 meters. Visibility was poor, probably due to the rain we've been having. But saw a lot of leafy sea dragons. I'll post my video once I've done editing it.

Not too fussed about not seeing much, it was just good to get back in the water, I haven't been diving since March. Looking forward to my trip in October and some more diving over Summer.

Mate that's a great video. I think you guys got the pick of the days. We didn't see any rays on the Saturday, which was a surprise for Byron. How'd you go with the water temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi mate! I keep meaning to check our logs, but temp was lovely. A little chilly topside on the boat, but no problems at all underwater. I would think 19 or 20 degrees or thereabouts? No cold currents coming in or anything that I noticed. I was actually colder down there the last time we dove there (which would have been maybe three months ago) than that weekend. I was only in 3mm pants and a lavacore top, and felt fine.

Cayal, my best wishes for a great dive there. Post a bit of warning up here before you visit, and I'll see if we can pop down to join you if you like. I notice there were whales right off the needles the other day - some very lucky snorkelers got a very up close and personal show.

Bfowles - thanks, mate!

You guys have been kind. I'll take the little gopro (still no light or filter or rig for stability) back this Saturday and see what I can see. The weather has just been spectacular up here - at long last!

Back
Top Bottom