Aussie Diving 15th to 31st January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you guys get Sas to stop posting pictures?:wink:...I am getting "homesick"...I might have to get back there a bit sooner then December.

U/O

Wow isn't it great when that happens... you click and can't wait to see it to check if it is as good as you think:clapping: I have been tracking Sydney Cardinalfish that I KNOW have a mouth full of eggs but the monsters just refuse to open their mouths:doh:

Oh hehe, yea I remember seeing one with a giant fat mouth and thought it was sick! Never opened it to see the eggs but someone let me know later.

3986766587_687428a0ec.jpg

I use Medium picture size on Flickr to show my photos.

Can you guys get Sas to stop posting pictures?:wink:...I am getting "homesick"...I might have to get back there a bit sooner then December.

U/O

Hehe yep, but Dec is not too long to wait if you can't make it earlier! :) Winter the fish aren't as plentiful too if that makes you feel better, but they should be out in force for your return in December :)

not sure ... March seems a long way away... December is forever :consolation: but Sas you should share your Canadian friend with your Canadian friend!

This is the shot I got a few years back of a fish incubating eggs in it's mouth. I am not sure what it is... I think it is an Eastern Gobbleguts
Bestshots-896.jpg

This is the one I got of the Velvetfish with it's mouth open

DSC05555.jpg

Wow, those are two ugly fish expressions!!! :shocked2::rofl3: *awesome* captures though!

I feel so bad for the fish with the mouth full of eggs, can you imagine how uncomfortable it would be??

I have a couple more shots of that fish on my photobucket account if you want to look at them

I have a couple more shots of that fish on my photobucket account if you want to look at them

Yea will do :) Which album? I really want to get one showing the eggs now like your first shot :)

here are a couple more of the shots cropped so you can see better
203-889CSmall.jpg

203-896CSmall.jpg

203-891CSmall.jpg

Saves you looking for them. I have decided to start being a bit better organized with my pics in PB and put them in better headings

Those shots were some of my first ones with the digital. We were doing a dive and wht caught my attention was the colour... the eggs were salmon coloured and everything at that site is very silty and muted so it stood out! Since then I have been watching to try to get another shot.. in better focus but no luck!

not sure ... March seems a long way away... December is forever :consolation: but Sas you should share your Canadian friend with your Canadian friend!

No worries...the next time I get to Sydney I will be sure to look you up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom