Aussie Diving 15th to 31st January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting a park at Shelly is a pain, I'm sure they've changed the rules - last year I parked on the road and don't remember a 2 hour limit, I think they introduced it this year and made all day parking in the park cheaper?

Dived Shark Point, Clovelly yesterday. First time - what a fantastic dive! Killer walk though!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: parking cheaper :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

We have never got to do Shark Point... never managed to get there when conditions allowed:depressed:

I got some shots of the wobbie but it wasn't smiling as well as the flathead
440-167-Medium.jpg

Viz was pretty green!

440-170-Large.jpg

I like to try to get the eye in focus. Haven't found a Wobby in the right position to get shots like these before.

440-214-Large.jpg

Yea those are great shots! And bravely taken too :)

I love the middle one the best, such a snooty pose :cool2:

We were out at Clovelly yesterday, but headed to Gordons. We had a look at Shark Point and it looked perfect, flat flat flat (unfortunately that was AFTER we got out of the water after two dives)! I actually think we may have seen you (or could well have been another group of divers). Did you park up on the hill and walk down? I'm still yet to dive at Shark Point and am trying to work out the logistics...

I arrived first and got the worst park, the other guys arrives late and got a park right beside the bus stop! :idk:

I set my gear up before I arrived and dropped it all off at the bottom of the hill (bus turn around) then parked right at the top of the hill and walked back down. Not much fun at any time but when it's 40 degrees C it's a bit of a mission (esp when repeated after both dives) :shocked2:

I did see a couple of guys walk down the hill fully kitted up! Madness :)

Yeah great photo's Saspotato

Dave

Sas when you post your pics have you resized them to small or medium? I like your size better

SD that would be one heck of a hike!

Trying the octopus on medium

440-187Medium.jpg

And the rest of the occy
440-188Medium.jpg

I love Morays!
440-224CLarge.jpg

thanks :blush: I will have to check out HHs later. I am logging my dives at the moment. Had a bit of a backlog :)

The flathead I was so happy with! I clicked the camera just as it did that and I am like 'YEAAAAASSSSSSSS' then waited for ages hoping it would do it again but no such luck!

Wow isn't it great when that happens... you click and can't wait to see it to check if it is as good as you think:clapping: I have been tracking Sydney Cardinalfish that I KNOW have a mouth full of eggs but the monsters just refuse to open their mouths:doh:

I got one of a velvetfish with it's mouth open but it was total accident and I didn't know till I loaded the pics on the computer.

Yea those are great shots! And bravely taken too :)

I love the middle one the best, such a snooty pose :cool2:

Not so brave trust me. I was lucky... it was on a bommie with it's nose just past the edge. Most of the shots.. well the mouth shots it couldn't even see me. The rest I positioned myself so the easiest route for it to take was well away from me. It would have had to turn and swim awkwardly to get to me:)

Hope you guys don't mind but I am experimenting on smaller sized pics for posting

Thanksforallthefish on the mooring line
440-182Small.jpg

Nudi
440-177Small.jpg

My new Zen Underwater DP-100 100mm Fisheye Dome Port arrived late last week and the weather cleared enough for me to get it wet for the first time today. I got this port specifically to use with the Tokina 10-17 on a 1.4 teleconverter to do "wide angle macro". I have no zoom ring for this combination so I just set it at mid range zoom, 14mm. Here's a few shots from its first outing:

Christmas Tree Worms:
772036403_aroyf-M.jpg

There's a crocodile fish in there somewhere (I would never have got this angle with my 8" dome):
772036379_4GpFo-M.jpg

Some sort of wrasse/tuskfish:
772036363_pJrdy-M.jpg

Hypselodoris bullockii:
772036303_uHDCu-M.jpg

Sergeant Major:
772036293_5nknb-M.jpg

Batfish:
772036249_Ajxoo-L.jpg

Chromodoris coi:
772036372_3U92K-M.jpg

Lovely shots Gudge. I love the crocodile fish. The eyes are so amazing! The edges on the nudi look so delicately coloured in the fourth shot. One day I would love to get a good shot of Christmastree worms untilthen I will admire yours :) the depth of field is just stunning! Thanks for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom