Aurora Reservoir July 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, that was from Sunday. It was just a little FlipHD camera with underwater case attached to my wrist. I was holding it the whole time. You probably didn't notice because you would have had to have been within 3 inches of it to see it. :)

That's true, I would have been nice to get in the water before the classes did, the viz might have been a little better then. We did one more dive after you left and I think the visibility at the plane was worse. On the plus side there was probably 8-10 feet of visibility when you got back towards about 15 feet of water.

Jason, I haven't dove Chatfield yet, but I think the visibility is about the same.

Wow...would love to get some more underwater time locally, but that looks pretty tough. Looks like about 12-18 inch vis. Has anyone dove Chatfield? Is it any better?

Jason

I dove Chatfield ponds a few times; both times with a class going on during the weekend. Max depth given sufficent rain is about 22 feet. With that said, the silt kickup is about the same as Aurora but if you stay off the bottom it can be clear. I plan to dive on a weekday next week (possibly this week as well) to see if it is any better. If you or anyone are intested in going, let me know and we can set a definitive date.

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:49 PM ----------

That's true, I would have been nice to get in the water before the classes did, the viz might have been a little better then. We did one more dive after you left and I think the visibility at the plane was worse. On the plus side there was probably 8-10 feet of visibility when you got back towards about 15 feet of water.

Yeah that is how it was on Saturday. We could barely see the plane even if your second stage was touching the plane. :) In the ~15 foot area visibility was great.

Back
Top Bottom