Auqalung/US Divers Arctic and Octo parts kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coop42

Contributor
Reaction score
So, I was recently given a reg set I was planning on using as a backup.

It hadn't been serviced in a few years, but it breathed really easily… Too easily in fact. It had a tendency to free flow and I thought I'd like it dialed back a bit. I brought it into my local LDS, they played with it for a while and when I went back to pick it up they told me there was nothing they could do as the parts weren't available anymore. They did offer to sell me a new set for a few hundred bucks, and I said "yeah, no thanks".

Unfortunately, they are now well beyond the "free flow" stage and are into the "gently hissing all the time" stage and are now unusable.

It looks to me that the Arctic parts kit is the 900008 and the Octo kit is the 900013. Are these actually unobtanium, or is my LDS just trying to sell me a new set?

upload_2017-11-6_21-7-15.png

Did you check Vintage Double Hose?

Thanks to you both. Looks like I'll be picking up some spare parts.

900008 is not available anymore, while 900013 you could order with any Aqualung Dealer if they offer that kind of service.

Get a Conshelf first stage you can get parts anywhere simple to rebuild. I am using the same Conshelf I got when in the Navy, I retired in 1980. They are cheap on E bay.

We have several of the Arctic kits in stock, all in excellent condition. Store Owner has one of these as his 'pet' regulator so he stocked up. They are no longer available from AL. As to the 1st stage and octo, no problem there as they are currently available. If you would like it all serviced please contact NorthWestScubaTech.com

Original post is a year old but I am looking for the service manual for both the US Divers Arctic 1st stage and the 2nd stage. Thanks much!

Look here:
Regulator Manuals

The first stage is the Cousteau/SEA Manual
The first stage is identical to a Conshelf SE2/3 internally, apart from the filter.

The second stage schematic is in the Aqualung 2006 catalog. No manual though.

The second stage is a "simple" demand regulator with the lever unusually positioned on the opposite side from the inlet.

European service kits are still available 122204 and 122061
In the USA, get the service kits from Vintage Double Hose.

EDIT: The first stage manual is also available as a link from the first VDH link above.

Last edited:
There are people on this forum that will rebuild them for you at a very reasonable price if you don’t feel up to it yourself. It isn’t real difficult though if you are mechanically inclined.

The dive shop lied to you about parts. I wouldn’t go back there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom