August temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hope to do my first dives in Vancouver next August. What can I expect for water temps?

I'm wondering if I can manage with a 7mm wetsuit, or if I will need to get a drysuit.

alot of people still dive in our winters with wetsuits. NO THANK YOU!!! but to each their own. I prefer dry. Having said that, I would not mind a wetsuit for summer diving cause I hate sweating in my suit while gearing up in the blazing sun.

7mm wetsuit will be fine Harry, of course a DS is always better. During the summer months the water get really warm around here, sometimes as high as 50f.

Thanks for the info.

I know that I'd be warmer in a drysuit. But I don't know if I can really justify the expense of a drysuit for a few dives in Vancouver.

For the same price of a 3-day trip to Vancouver and a drysuit, I can spend a week in the Bahamas diving in a shorty!!!!!!!! :D

Doc Harry:
Thanks for the info.

I know that I'd be warmer in a drysuit. But I don't know if I can really justify the expense of a drysuit for a few dives in Vancouver.

For the same price of a 3-day trip to Vancouver and a drysuit, I can spend a week in the Bahamas diving in a shorty!!!!!!!! :D

You'll be fine in a 7mm. I'm a broke student who has done 70 dives in a 2nd hand, worn out, 7mm. My dive buddy gets a bit cold in the winter (water temp of 4C), but in the summer there is NO problem.

Enjoy.

- ChillyWaters

I've seen temperatures uptowards 54-57f, (12-14 C) in August. My regular buddy uses a 7 mm wetsuit and he is quite happy with it in the summer.

Bill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom