August 2009 - Reports and Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I have been trying to upload more, but will have to link to my website when I am done. SB doesn't like my attachments for some reason. So sad.

Aug 1st - egg yolk and brown jelly heaven along the breakwater! Water a balmy 50 degrees down at 30 feet. But so awesome to watch the jellies taking over.

Sorry for the pic quality, I'm still very new to the photography scene.

P1010010.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010035.jpg

The kelp patch was waaay murkier with the lack of light in the afternoon.
P1010059-1.jpg

P1010068.jpg

p1010011.jpg

p1010016-1.jpg

Ridiculous 8 ft filaments
p1010019.jpg

p1010018.jpg

P1010137.jpg

Cheers,
Kat

Kat,

Those are some cool photos, I especially like your crab ones.

I'm just starting with photos too, and it's refreshing to see everyone's perspective. Plus, I have lots to learn, so it's great to see other's technique too.

Last Sunday, did one dive past Lone Metridium at Pt. Lobos. Calm seas with 30'+ viz at 70'. Lots of fish in the crevices and cracks along the wall.

090816_greenling.jpg

Those are some serious pictures, I haven't seen any pics of jellyfish look that clear, keep up that great work... I'm impressed... :)

MG

Last Sunday, did one dive past Lone Metridium at Pt. Lobos. Calm seas with 30'+ viz at 70'. Lots of fish in the crevices and cracks along the wall.

090816_greenling.jpg

Hey Don,

I've never seen your photo skills just your videos and might I add, very nice!!! How did you get the picture to come up with so many colors, I've not seen you with any strobes, and you had to be deep to take that pic at lone Metridium.

Any secrets that you are using would be well appreciated.... :)

Very nice AE. I love all the fish - there were tons are the BW today as well.

Here is my video from the day - YouTube - Breakwater - August 18, 2009.

Sarah and Kat... awesome work. Thanks so much for sharing, pictures like that just gets the enthusiasm going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom