ATX50 Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got my new reg, dove it yesterday down to a 100ft............LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Breaths like a dream.

Now you are part of the family, and you can see why it is so highly recommended around here right?

At the same time you can understand how it would be overkill to have something like that for someone who is just getting into diving and only dives to 60 ft. or less. (at least I did when I got mine)

rescuediver009:
Now you are part of the family, and you can see why it is so highly recommended around here right?

At the same time you can understand how it would be overkill to have something like that for someone who is just getting into diving and only dives to 60 ft. or less. (at least I did when I got mine)

True, however, if you are going to spend the money, do it right the first time. The ease of breathing actually makes you conserve air, since you no longer have to think about your breathing..........

Thanks all of you guys for helping me with this decision.

Glad you like it. Now you know what all the fuss is about!

ShakaZulu:
True, however, if you are going to spend the money, do it right the first time. The ease of breathing actually makes you conserve air, since you no longer have to think about your breathing..........

I couldn't aggree with you more, but above 60ft. there are alot of regs that will perform damn near close. like even a if it is tuned properly.
And for some people who dont venture to where we do, it wouldn't be worth it, yet still sometimes the board folk can be apeks or die. No?

There are plenty of regs that perform as well as or better than any Apeks. I was surprised when I breathed off a Mares in my DIRF class at how extremely nice the breathe was. There are lots of better reasons to use the Apeks though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom