ATX200- Yoke to DIN, or DIN to Yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwlee:
A quick search on Google with "apeks din kit" turned up this with a nice picture.

www.divebooty.co.uk/equipment_details.asp?pid=1350

Thanks Paulwlee
I have seen these kinds of components in searches of my own...
With all the talk of both adaptors and conversions, I was looking to make sure of parts that are actual conversions and not adaptations.

Is it possible that the Yoke to DIN has to be a true conversion due to the obvious difference in geometry there, while the DIN to Yoke can either be an adaptor or a full conversion?

JAG

jagfish:
Thanks Paulwlee
Is it possible that the Yoke to DIN has to be a true conversion due to the obvious difference in geometry there, while the DIN to Yoke can either be an adaptor or a full conversion?
JAG

Yes, you got it.
Unless you use a filler adapter for diving (I know some folks have done that) or have a convertable tank valve, what you said describes possible paths exactly right.

I've done the adapter on my DS4. I'm now converting it between yoke and DIN. Don't forget the o-ring and filter. First time I converted it back to DIN, I forgot those and it doesn't work well that way... (leaks air, really obvious reminder that you screwed up...).

Boogie711:
GoBlue nailed it. The question was about an ATX200.

Jagfish - with an Apeks reg, you can swap out and actually convert (not adapt) a reg from Yoke to DIN or vice versa in about 30 seconds. On an Apeks, it's DIRT SIMPLE. All you need is a wrench and a 6mm Hex key.

any idea how hard it is to do that on otherr types of regs, say SP or posiedon?

babar

babar:
any idea how hard it is to do that on otherr types of regs, say SP or posiedon?

babar

I don't think that Poseidon makes any of their regs in yoke. Instead, they deliver their regs with an adapter.
Scubapro is similar to Apeks in the difficulty of switching.

Sure they do. They're not easy to find, but I've seen a few in for repair and I owned one with a yoke for about a year. Conversion to/from is just as simple as the others.

rescuediver009:
I don't think that Poseidon makes any of their regs in yoke. Instead, they deliver their regs with an adapter.
Scubapro is similar to Apeks in the difficulty of switching.

I just got a nice deal on a Faber LP95 with a Scubapro H-valve setup. The original owner used DIN exclusively, and didn't keep the yoke inserts. Are these inserts generic, or do I need Scubapro ones specifically? Any standard place to get them? Googling doesn't turn up much.

KeS

Now, when you say Yoke inserts, it sounds like you mean inserts for the tank valve, for a convertable type tank valve. This thread was about convertable regulators. I really don't know if the vavle you mentioned is convertable or not.

If your question really does involve the parts for the tank valve, you may get more feedback if you start a new thread on that subject...

Am I to understand if I use a conversion kit, it does not matter which reg I get as my base, Yoke or DIN, both final results will be as satisfactory?

Yes, it does matter which regulator connection you start off with, they make a yoke - to - DIN kit, but if you want to go from a DIN to yoke, you get stuck having to buy the pieces from the parts list, a more pricy option.
DIN & yoke cost the same when you buy the reg, so you'll save a few bucks by getting the yoke plus the yoke - to - DIN kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom