ATX200- Yoke to DIN, or DIN to Yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not familliar with Apex but some manufacturers like scubapro make both 240 and 300 bar din adapters. If you get a 240 bar adapter it still won't work on 300 bar din tank valves.
I have a 300 bar din valve and use an adapter on occasion to work with a yoke tank, but my LDS swaps customers back and forth for free so when I go on trips I have him swap me.
I havn't had any trouble with head banging on the regs when I use the din to yoke adapter.
Almost all of our tanks are modular valves yoke / 240 bar din that way I unscrew the adapter from the valve to use din and the other guys screw them back in to use yoke. Modular valves can be added to most tanks for about $60. PST includes these valves as standard on their tanks.
Note 300 bar din regs work with both 240 and 300 bar tanks but 240 bar reg only work with 240 bar tanks and the yoke inserts only work with 240 bar valves designed to accept them.

Should have clarified that in the first post. Boogie711 was teh one who told me about the conversion to begin with. It's not quite as easy as putting a yoke adaptor on, but it is far more functional in the yoke setup then a Din reg with adaptor.

Hmmm...
OK, thanks all for the responses. I am admittedly a little confused, mostly because now it seems that there is a kit for an adapting for fillng purposes only, and a total conversion kit as well.

For my needs, sounds like the total conversion kit is the way to go since I will never switch between DIN and Yoke on the same day, and sounds like a more satrisfactory result.

Am I to understand if I use a conversion kit, it does not matter which reg I get as my base, Yoke or DIN, both final results will be as satisfactory?

JAG

You're correct - just get a reg, and if it's Yoke, buy the DIN conversion kit (or vice versa). You can find them on E-Bay or Scubastore... I picked mine up at an LDS for about $60 I think.

Boogie711:
GoBlue nailed it. The question was about an ATX200.

Jagfish - with an Apeks reg, you can swap out and actually convert (not adapt) a reg from Yoke to DIN or vice versa in about 30 seconds. On an Apeks, it's DIRT SIMPLE. All you need is a wrench and a 6mm Hex key.

Does the same apply to the DS4 1 stage, similar positon to Jagfish and still not sure which route to go ATX50/DS4 v ATX200.

which would go best with my force fins?

Albion:
Does the same apply to the DS4 1 stage, similar positon to Jagfish and still not sure which route to go ATX50/DS4 v ATX200.

which would go best with my force fins?

Ask D33ps1x. :) I believe his response was "a bonfire."

And yeah, I've got two DS4's and a DST. One wrench with arms long enough to reach around the yoke assembly and grab the nut that's there, and a 6mm hex key.

Unscrew the yoke nut, pull it out, insert DIN convertor, tighten with 6mm hex key. You're done. It's that simple.

I would get the convertor rather than the adapter. While the adapter is a little more convenient. Boogie is right in that it is also easy to change the convertors. With the use of the adapter for your DIN reg, the reg sticks way out off the tank. Pain in the but,.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom