ATX DS4 first stage blow out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think not. It should be duro 90 for tank pressure and a face seal.

EDIT: I take it back. You're right!
Will have to go take a feel of AP1409P and see if it feels like duro 70 or 90. It IS the same as the LP Port oring. My apologies.

A total aberration. For those reading along, if in the future @rsingler and I ever disagree about anything having to do with regulators, you should listen to him and ignore me.

In this case, it's only because I have several DS4s that I just serviced. In fact, one of them had an IP problem that I only addressed after @rsingler explained the fix.

According to the attached chart it is an EP 80 as are all of the seals on it. (That means you are both correct...I hate when that happens.) BTW the size is -011

Thanks goes to @buddhasummer

Attachments

• apeks_o-ring_specificaties.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 171
According to the attached chart
Did whomever compiled it mean "AS number" as in the AS568 oring list? I don't know what a BS number is...

Looks like it is M. Barnwell Services in the UK.
When I see a chart like that, I always want to know who is the author or original source.
The EPDM 80 shore may accurately describe the BS part number, but that does not necessarily mean that is what Apeks specs. Of course for all I know, BS is where Apeks buys their O-rings. I just don't know.

And "well, it must be true, I read it on the internet" are NOT exactly words I live by.

Did whomever compiled it mean "AS number" as in the AS568 oring list? I don't know what a BS number is...

British Standard and same as AS
British Standard O-Ring Size Chart | BS O-Rings Sizes

"When I see a chart like that, I always want to know who is the author or original source."

@JackD342 That is an excellent point. As a matter of fact I often substitute Viton where SP specifies EP or Nitril and often V90 where the spec is E85. You may have even noticed this on my annotated diagrams.

The DIN fitting on Apeks is quite easy to get loosen especially when it was being hand carried and the reg was NOT pressurized.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom