Attaching Scuba Equipment Tags to Your Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquanex

Co-Owner of YourBagTag.com
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We make all kinds of SCUBA BCD name tags, gear bag tags, emergency info tags, and lots of equipment tags for dive shop rental lines. One of the most frequent questions we get is "How should I attach the tag to my gear?". The most frequent and least expensive solution is the common zip tie. We ship most of our equipment tags with a 4" zip tie.

However, a couple of years ago at the DEMA show, a dive shop owner told me how he was using 150 lb test nylon fishing leader to attach his equipment ID tags on his rental line. I was intrigued and immediately checked it out - sure enough, it is a great way to attach tags that you don't want coming off. I have outlined the stuff you need to do it in a blog post on our website, you can read about it here. We don't sell any of the stuff but I have listed all the links to where you can get the leader, crimps, and crimping tool.

When you are done, that tag is not coming off unless you cut it off.

yourbagtag-dive-shop-attachment_large-jpg.396297.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom