Attaching knife to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, we have a bit of an issue with terminology; one of my favorite pet peeves. Yamatime, if you're moving to a computer to get rid of the SPG console hose, then you're referring to removing the console/SPG hose to switch to an Air Integrated (AI) computer (I assume). Moving to a computer can mean moving to a Computer Console, Wrist Computer, or an AI hose or hoseless computer.

It's like saying I'm going to buy a Nissan so I can transport lumber for my household renovation. People can assume you're buying a Nissan truck, but then again I've seen plenty of people fit lumber into a small sized sedan as well.
This is just for your benefit if you ever need to ask a question that requires describing your gear. It is especially helpful for those new guest readers who are still learning.

Now to baseballsrd, if you have grommets on your BC, you can use grommit screws to attach your knife sheath to the BC. Just place the screw on the inside of the grommet and screw through to the sheath. Some knives have this feature and come with the grommet attachment; some knives don't.
Not all BC's and knives are the same, so if you want suggestions, you're going to have to help us and tell us what you're working with. Namely your BC model and knife model.

g1138, I see what you are saying, however, I didn't feel the need to get too specific was because it wasn't necessary to help the cause. Just wanted to make a point about using caution around the hoses, something that is not really an issue with a leg mount. With that said, I will be removing, thus eliminating, the console/spg hose altogether. I am switching to a wrist mount computer with AI. :p

To the OP, as g1138 said, please let us know what BC and knife you have. There is always a solution and you've come to the right place to find it!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

You guys must have really sharp knives. I think I'd have to do a lot of sawing to get my knife through any of my hoses.

Just wanted to make a point about using caution around the hoses, something that is not really an issue with a leg mount.

I'd rather nick a hose (particularly a HP hose) than stab myself in the leg...

You can buy Kydex sheet very cheaply (ebay etc.) with which you can make all kinds of custom heat-formed shapes.
You could make a plate to back the knife sheath onto that guides the point and prevents hitting the hose.

I'd rather nick a hose (particularly a HP hose) than stab myself in the leg...
Yes. The risk to your hoses is practically nil from an inadvertent swipe of your knife—no matter how sharp it is.

I actually used a couple of long plastic zip ties and ran them thru the strap slots on the knife sheath (they are the closed plastic slots on both sides of the sheath). I attached the knife to the upper right hand side of the BCD. A little redneck, but it WORKS!! :wink:

Adam

Can anyone tell me how to attach my knife to my BC vs strapping it to my leg.

Back
Top Bottom