Attaching knife to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Aqua Lung Pro QD BC. There are grommets above the left front pocket that allow a knife to be attached there. I prefer it there vs the leg. Only downside that I can see is you have to be careful when taking it out or putting it in the sheath to not cut any hoses. I will be soon moving to a computer, so that will eliminate the spg console hose. Only other one there is the drysuit hose, which I tuck under my shoulder strap anyways. What BC do you have?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364151638532.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364151638532.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 206
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364151654529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364151654529.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 213
I carry a Trilobite EEZYcut in a harness pouch on my waist belt. I've also got a Remora knife that can mount to either the BCD like Yamatime has done or to hose. I only carry the EEZYCUT but would use a host mount for the knife.

Last edited:
I have a little Wenoka on my left mounted in the supplied grommets (Black Diamond BCD) and EMT shears clipped to a d-ring on the right.

I used to keep mine zip tied to the corrugated inflation hose. mounted handle facing the power inflator. worked very well for me for years. I have since moved it to my waste a la DIR. but some BC's won't allow that, and the corrugated hose is pretty universal;

Back
Top Bottom