Attaching Glo-toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cinder4320

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm just looking for some ideas on how and where to attach glo-toobs. We will be using rental tanks so I'd rather attach it to my gear instead of the tank. I want it on the back, high, and very visible but any further ideas?

Miranda

We just got our Glo-toob. I was just thinking of using clear tubing. Slide Glo-toob inside and get a large key ring and put it on one end of tube, put 2 holes in it, and have the switch end on othe side (open) might have to put string, cord, anothe key ring, etc, so it will not slide out. Have not done that yet. Might have a less chance of no losing it.

I am looking more for ideas as to where on your rig its attached. I think we are going to try somewhere on the first stage.

Miranda

cinder4320:
I am looking more for ideas as to where on your rig its attached. I think we are going to try somewhere on the first stage.
Most common spot for glo toobs, chemical lightsticks, etc is on the first stage. If you have a yoke reg, the simplest way is to just tiewrap it onto the yoke, or put it on the same string that holds your dustcap.

Yep, I use zip-ties. The kind you can find at the hardware store. You can zip-tie it anywhere you'd like.

To the first stage, a d-ring, the tank strap, etc. Just do it somewhere out of the way.

Oh yeah, if you do it someplace that is hard to reach, don't forget to activate it before putting your gear on... :11doh:

When you're done, you can cut them off.

Are you using chem lites ? Just get a normal piece of string. Or get one of those little dive beacons by pelican it already has a lanyard. Just place the lanyard around the tank valve and remove it at the end of the dive....And the dive beacon is re-usable. It uses batteries but you could get about 8 or 9 night dives from one set of triple a batteries. With a chem lite you get one use..unless you are doing 2 night dives back to back. Then you could get 2 dives from it. Check it out, "dive beacon" from pelican products.

Hollywoodivers:
Are you using chem lites ? Just get a normal piece of string. Or get one of those little dive beacons by pelican it already has a lanyard. Just place the lanyard around the tank valve and remove it at the end of the dive....And the dive beacon is re-usable. It uses batteries but you could get about 8 or 9 night dives from one set of triple a batteries. With a chem lite you get one use..unless you are doing 2 night dives back to back. Then you could get 2 dives from it. Check it out, "dive beacon" from pelican products.

That's a good point. If you do a lot of diving, the beacon is economical (maybe even environmentally friendly ), but if you are just doing it for a few dives, the chem-lites probably would suit your needs. I get the chem-lites for free, so it doesn't cost me anything.

I tied mine on the tanks with a piece of bungee cord, but if I did not want to do that for whatever reason, then maybe I'd tie it to the side or back of the mask.

Be sure to lube the little o-rings inside the cap of the Glo-toobs - lost 2 to saltwater incursion before I learned my lesson.

Did our first night dives in a crowd of 20 (Nekton Rorqual), and DM very happy he could keep track of us with 'toobs set to slow strobe! Said it really made us stand out.

Back
Top Bottom