Attaching D-rings to inside of BCD pocket through knife grommet holes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where can you get something like this please? What about the screw and nut to secure it?
This is where I struggled as well! In the end I just tied a bunch of loops in the bungee itself, and double knotted it on the knife grommet holes. 20+ dives later and it's working well. Will try to grab a picture in the next couple days.

Where can you get something like this please? What about the screw and nut to secure it?
This is where I struggled as well! In the end I just tied a bunch of loops in the bungee itself, and double knotted it on the knife grommet holes. 20+ dives later and it's working well. Will try to grab a picture in the next couple days.

Not sure if that exact D-ring is available here, but I find 75% of my solutions in these places.

Waiting for your pics :)

Argh sorry - was out sick with COVID the past few weeks and now travelling for Thanksgiving - will shoot a pic next week. Please bump me if I forget!

Sorry to hear that. I hope that it was a very mild COVID hit and you didn't suffer much. I wish you safe travels and a very happy Thanksgiving!!

Sorry to hear that. I hope that it was a very mild COVID hit and you didn't suffer much. I wish you safe travels and a very happy Thanksgiving!!
Apologies this took so long! Here is my very simple solution to this. Adds almost no weight, and pretty much guarantees I can't lose anything from my pocket if I boltsnap into a loop.

bungee 1.jpg

bungee 2.jpg

This is just the Shock Cord Bungee - Extra Thick (1/4 in | 6 mm) from Dive Gear Express.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom