Attaching a Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisEdwards

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm doing my AOW and my first night dive this coming Saturday. The AOW classroom session is Thursday evening.

I've purchased UK C8 LED Plus and a UK SL4 as a backup.

How and if/where should these be attached to a BC.

When in use the primary will have the wrist strap secured around my wrist, but say for boarding the boat, should I have a clip on it to clip it to my BC?

Thanks.

I have wrist strap on my lights but I recently stoped using them. I find it much more convenient to be able to easily switch hands to look at guages, etc... I also find that keeping a hold of the light is not a problem so why would I need it? I put boltsnaps on both of my lights and clip them to my chest D rings. If you have a pocket that may be a better option for your backup light unless you have a way to add some innertube or something to allow you to hold it out of the way.

You might find a snappy coil to be just the thing. I would advise against having the light on the wrist, if you sweep for your reg it will mess with how much feeling you have with the light now dangling from your wrist.

Attach it on the right side to ensure that you can use your left hand for the inflator without dropping the light. Just my $0.02 :)

If you're paranoid about dropping it you can make a bracelet out of bungee cord and attach a bolt snap to the light. Then you can clip the light to the bracelet while holding it or easily clip it to a D-ring while not in use.

I have have an SL4 and occasionally use a large pistol grip style light. The SL4 is attached to the D-ring on my BP/W and tucked out of the way with inner tubing. I clip the larger light to my butt D-ring where it stays in my slipstream.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom