Ats bcd.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linedog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all, I'm looking at a Hollis ATS BCD, I'm on the fence between that and a BPW. I dive dry, in the PNW with a steel 130. I really like the ATS but still leaning to a BPW. Would a ATS work for me?

The ATS is a very nice travel BCD, its lightweight, and the prices are good too seing as it was recently discontinued, but it seems to me you might not be concerned about the weight of it, so a BP+W would be the logical choice,
there is a compromise between the two, the Hollis HTS 2 is almost identical to the ATS but allows you to chose your wing size, and accessoris just like a BP+W.

goodluck and I know your be happy with either choice!

Well, I bought the ATS, and after a few dives to get it dialed in I'm really liking it. I added a second cam strap and two weight pouches to adjust my trim. Still need to fiddle with the crotch strap a bit, but over all it's a well thought out BCD.

Where did you put the weight pockets? I'm considering adding some to mine, as my trim is still off abit after 30 dives.

I put 2 XS weight pockets on the new lower cam band, works well. I also moved the D rings from behind the factory weight pouches to in front of them. Far enough that they won't interfere if I have to ditch them.

Back
Top Bottom