Atomics subframe Arc Mask - determining size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lyser

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I recently purchased an Atomics subframe Arc mask (my dive buddy won't stop raving how good it is) and realised too late that I can't seem to pinch my nose for equalization. Atomics doesn't have a thread on these forums and they don't have a customer support email address on their official website.

According to their product info, the subframe masks supposedly come in 2 sizes; standard & medium. I've inspected both mask and casing to find no such indicators. I've also searched their online store and there isn't any option to toggle S or M sizes when making a purchase. I guess my question would be;

1) are there truly differing sizes for this make of mask?

2) how can I determine the proper size of the mask I purchased?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The Atomic subframe and the frameless both come in standard and medium fits - but I believe the nose pocket is the same; just the skirt width is different

Looking at my standard frameless, there doesn't seem to be any size marking

I just bought my wife a medium fit frameless mask. I have a standard fit so I'll check when I get home to see if I can see any markings on the masks themselves.

Thank you all for your replies. Managed to get a reply from Atomics, stating that the ARC only comes in Standard size. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be...

Just out of curiosity, how much smaller is the medium fit than the regular fit on the Atomic framless masks?

Want to order one online to test out, LDS doesn't stock.

How much smaller is hard to describe. I use a standard size SubFrame. My wife, whose face is smaller, uses a medium, and so does my son, whose face is narrower.

Have you considered ordering the same mask in both sizes? That way, you can compare them side by side, keep the one you want and return the other. I've done that sort of thing when ordering wetsuits and a few other things from Leisure Pro. It's a great way to do a side by side comparison, and LP's return policy procedure makes it very easy to do returns.

How much smaller is hard to describe. I use a standard size SubFrame. My wife, whose face is smaller, uses a medium, and so does my son, whose face is narrower.

Have you considered ordering the same mask in both sizes? That way, you can compare them side by side, keep the one you want and return the other. I've done that sort of thing when ordering wetsuits and a few other things from Leisure Pro. It's a great way to do a side by side comparison, and LP's return policy procedure makes it very easy to do returns.

Thanks. I have a narrow face, just wasn't sure if narrow enough to warrant a mid-size. I considered doing that, but shipping to Canada doesn't make it very feasible.

Haven't found a good online store in Canada yet.

Back
Top Bottom