Atomic Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I totally agree with tbone on this. I love atomic myself, I have 2 sets. But the sealing is just pain. It is $40 per seal. It is not limited to servicing bi-annual. As long as you have it openned, you need to re-seal, that is $40. Another catch is that whoever doing the chamber packing needs to know what he/she is going. Improper packing will cause more issues.

Since I don't dive below 40F, I slowly un-sealing my atomics. My single tank reg is not sealed after the previous service. When my double needs service I will not seal them either. If I ever venture into ice diving, I will be using diaphragm. Not that I don't like piston or atomic, I just hate the way it is sealed. It seems like an after thought

Thanks all I appreciate your experience and knowledge my lds is also a hog dealer maybe I need to do a little more research before spending

is there any reason to avoid a mk17/a700?

Awesome reg. Equally as good as atomic in general, much better choice for ice diving IMO. I would change the A700 to G260 tho

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom