Atomic Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohdot

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Gang

Looking to replace my Sherwood blizzard reg set with Atomic z2 with sealed first stage and added heat sink second stage. I am a recreational diver in Canada and most of my diving is in cold fresh water. looking for feedback on the z2 before I purchase from my LDS. Thanks in advance.

Hey Gang

Looking to replace my Sherwood blizzard reg set with Atomic z2 with sealed first stage and added heat sink second stage. I am a recreational diver in Canada and most of my diving is in cold fresh water. looking for feedback on the z2 before I purchase from my LDS. Thanks in advance.
I can't comment from experience as I haven't used my Z2 I bought as a Octo, but my local dive shop in Burlington, Ontario love them and highly recommend them as they say they are amazing cold water regs. My bother purchased the Z2 and Z3 from our local dive shop and he used it in Turks and Caicos and instantly questioned why he didn't purchase a regulator sooner ! The shop use them all the time in Tobermory and pretty much where ever they go..... hopefully someone comments based on their own personal experience !

How cold? If you dive in very cold water, say low 30s, maybe it is better to look at seal diaphragm reg. Better cold resistance, lower cost sealing if not already sealed

If you are to seal an unsealed atomic first stage (usually how Z2 comes), it will cost your $10 for the boot, maybe $40 for chrystolube. 2nd stage heat sink from M1 is $20. Total of a $70+labor. I wonder what is the cost difference is M1, it come with both the above.

I used a Z2/Z3 set up while diving in Rocky Mountains...awesome regulator set up.

I used sealed b2 regs for ice diving, no problems
Now i dive m1 since i got a great deal on them

if you are planning on diving in water that requires the sealing of piston regs, you would be much better off choosing a sealed diaphragm. Remember that you are adding $25-$50 per service to get that chamber repacked and while Atomic makes a damn good regulator, there are better options for cold water diving in Canada.... Apeks, Dive Rite, Hog, etc etc.

Atomic b2 worked for me flawlessly for last 3 years from ice diving to 85f degree water, but theres lots of good regs on the market

Back
Top Bottom