Atomic Swivel with Long Hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koi

Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about replaccing the hose on my B2 regulator with a 6' hose. However, I don't see a way to replace the stock hose with another hose while retaining the swivel.

Is the swivel an integral part of the stock hose? Or can the second stage be removed with the swivel intact to be installed on a new hose? Thanks in advance.

Teknitroxdiver - I tried a 7' previously and there was definately too much excess hose. But the point is kinda moot if replacing the hose means getting rid of the swivel.

How tall are you? That will definitley make a difference.

About the swivel: is it just a standard swivel or a proprietary one? If its standard you can keep it, if not, you might have to replace it with a standard swivel.

Tekniroxdiver - I'm fairly short. Tried tucking the excess hose under my belt but still too much hose on a 7'.

It looks like the swivel is proprietary and attached directly to the hose and not to the second stage itself. Hoping somebody has had experience working on the Atomic swivels to let me know if they've actually replaced the stock hose.

Koi, my B2 has a long hose. I ordered this through the LDS that's a dealer. It was a "custom hose length" from Atomic Aquatics, and it has the second-stage swivel on it.

FWIW, I've attached it to the first stage by the endmost (center of the turret) LP port so that it runs straight down.

The rotating LP turret is the only thing I'm not wild about on the B2. Wish it was fixed in place like the Z1.

All the best, James

My 7' Atomic hose with swivel should be here on Monday. Atomic stocks the 7' hose with swivel. They can have any size hose made-up with the swivel. FYI there is also a rebuild kit for the swivel. My experience has been that a lot of Atomic dealers don't know that some of these options are available.

I have a Z1 and have added the M1 exhaust, 7' swivel hose, and comfort-bite mouthpiece. I have under $350 in this setup.

Frank

Thanks for all the informative responses. I'm still wondering if the swivel can be removed from the stock hoses to install on another hose. If not, I'll probably have to purchase a new hose or rebuild kit from Atomic Aquatics.

You can get the B2 with or without the swivel. All I did to install a long hose w/o swivel is order a nut from the OEM which takes up the extra space. This way I don't have to carry and extra 90.00 hose with me. The swivel can not be removed according to OEM. Its is afixed to the stock hose.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom