Atomic subframe or XS Scuba Metal Mask???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tricoti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Both the Atomic Aquatics Subframe mask and the XS Scuba Metal mask fit me perfectly and are comparable in price. Any opinions on either?

THANKS!!!

Greetings tricoti! I have to agree with chewslife2, I am a Atomic fan. I currently dive a Atomic framless black skirt and it is awesome. The ARC lenses offered in the Subframe just rock if you are into photography. I have been impressed with the quality of the lenses in Atomic masks in general. The only negative was getting the new mask clean to prevent fogging. But it was not that tuff and I have learned a ton of new tricks from all of the folks here at SB. The real test for a mask is to give it the dive test! Have fun, be safe and let us know what you find out! CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!:)

I went with the all black Atomic subframe. The ARC looks very cool, but sooooo expensive. I'm trying it this weekend and I hope I'm happy with my purchase! Thanks guys.

tAKE SOME BAKING SODA AND AND ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH TO CLEAN YOUR MASK. i DID IT ONE TIME AND IT DID NOT FOG AT ALL

tricoti,

i have also been wondering about the xs scuba mask. visually it seems similar if not identical to the sub-frame. i have not had the chance to hold one in hand, so i can't say anything about it on that regard.

the things i am curious about though are whether or not the glass and the silicone skirt are the same quality as the atomic ... both of these are of an extremely high quality on the sub-frame, hence the price.

one thing the xs scuba mask might have going for it is fixing the one problem i, and many others i know, have had with the sub-frame. after diving it extensively the skirt starts to separate from the frame near the temples. atomic does a good job of taking care of you if this happens, but not having to worry about it happening would be nice. it no fun to send an ~$100 mask in once a year or so to be fixed. :(

Back
Top Bottom