Atomic Regulator and Comfort Swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In a 5-7 foot hose the swivel is ng its a failure point.best thing to do is ditch the swivel and get the m1 heat sink and just use a standard 5to7 ft cheaper makes the reg performe better in cold water and if the hose does blow easy to get one anywere

Luis H:
I saw in the Atomic web site that they make a swivel that will fit between a standard LP hose connection and any regulator second stage.
Not quite. It says:
"The Universal Comfort Swivel will fit virtually any second stage on the market today. If your regulator uses a standard 9/16"-18 low pressure hose fitting as most do, the Universal Comfort Swivel simply replaces your existing hose assembly."

liberato:
Not quite. It says:
"The Universal Comfort Swivel will fit virtually any second stage on the market today. If your regulator uses a standard 9/16"-18 low pressure hose fitting as most do, the Universal Comfort Swivel simply replaces your existing hose assembly."

Yes it fits almost any second stage .But if you remove it from the second stage you will have a gap between the stage and the new hose you have to put either a spacer that is used with the z2 t1 t2 or the heat sink that come with the m1

btw i have a 28 inch hose with a swivel sitting in my tool box good deal for anybody that wants it

lowridersvt:
Yes it fits almost any second stage .But if you remove it from the second stage you will have a gap between the stage and the new hose you have to put either a spacer that is used with the z2 t1 t2 or the heat sink that come with the m1
The Universal version of the Comfort Swivel has no such limitations because you do not have to remove the jam nut spacer from the regulator as with the original Atomic-regulator-specific version. It has just a regular sized connector the same as a standard hose. I have both versions so I know this first hand. The point I was making is that both versions have integrated hose assemblies and the Universal version cannot be used with a standard LP hose (it comes with its own hose). If not using the swivel is the M-1 heatsink available to put on other models also?

liberato:
Not quite. It says:

Sorry, I missed that. I didn't pay close attention when I read that.

great information.

i didnt know the universal comfort swivel that can be purchased actually also comes attached to the hoses.

Hello,
Answer to your question - You can not separate the hose from the swivel, they are crimped together as one and that is why they are totally leak -proof :) honestly, in the 4 years I've been here and the 1000's of swivels we sell I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 that have leaked.
BUT we can order you any size custom swivel hose you need. You can always add your 32" one to an octo or sell it :) You can order it through your authorized dealer and the turn around time is about 2-3 weeks.
Please email me if you have any other questions.
Cheers,
Darcy
Do have an online store?

Hello,
Answer to your question - You can not separate the hose from the swivel, they are crimped together as one and that is why they are totally leak -proof :) honestly, in the 4 years I've been here and the 1000's of swivels we sell I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 that have leaked.
BUT we can order you any size custom swivel hose you need. You can always add your 32" one to an octo or sell it :) You can order it through your authorized dealer and the turn around time is about 2-3 weeks.
Please email me if you have any other questions.
Cheers,
Darcy
How can I order from you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom