Atomic Regulator and Comfort Swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divekatkeens

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone out there know if the comfort swivel that comes attached with the B2 and T2 (straight out of the box) can be detached?

Meaning, can i remove the comfort swivel, dump the 32" hose that came with it, and fit the swivel + reg + custom 5ft hose together???

Would be yucky if i had to choose between the comfort swivel and using a long hose.

Thanks .

It's part of the hose and doesn't come off.

I beleive (might be wrong) that Atomic either has or will make you a long hose.

Terry

divekatkeens:
Hi,

Does anyone out there know if the comfort swivel that comes attached with the B2 and T2 (straight out of the box) can be detached?

Meaning, can i remove the comfort swivel, dump the 32" hose that came with it, and fit the swivel + reg + custom 5ft hose together???

Would be yucky if i had to choose between the comfort swivel and using a long hose.

Thanks .

Web Monkey is correct, the swivel is part of the hose and can not be removed. So goes the hose, so goes the swivel. There may be some reuse if the hose really did blow. That said, Atomic will make you a 5' with a swivel. They will run $100+ we had a couple made but to be honest looking back I am not sure I would do it again. As I have found the swivel does not really move around when I am diving. My suggestion is find a 5' hose and see how it is first before spending the $$.

I saw in the Atomic web site that they make a swivel that will fit between a standard LP hose connection and any regulator second stage.

It come off the second stage no problum as for the hose you can not separate The swivel from the hose .on another note get the heat sink from the m1 if you going to remove the swivel hose helps alot in cold water

The real question is: Why do you want a swivel if you are going to a 5 foot hose? How are you going to route the hose?

I dive atomics (7 ft hose primary & bungeed secondary) and there really is no need for swivels :)

I ask because i currently dive the B2 on the standard swivel hose, but plan to change to a 5 foot configuration.

The swivel has been pretty sweet, looks like its a fraction of the total cost i paid for the reg, and so i kinda feel like its a waste if i should change to a 5 foot and not have the swivel. But really, i like the swivel.

Hello,
Answer to your question - You can not separate the hose from the swivel, they are crimped together as one and that is why they are totally leak -proof :) honestly, in the 4 years I've been here and the 1000's of swivels we sell I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 that have leaked.
BUT we can order you any size custom swivel hose you need. You can always add your 32" one to an octo or sell it :) You can order it through your authorized dealer and the turn around time is about 2-3 weeks.
Please email me if you have any other questions.
Cheers,
Darcy

Back
Top Bottom