Atomic Mask Prep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking to purchasing one of these masks. They seem to be getting amazing reviews and after trying one on, it fit my face rather well. I am curious if there is any special way to clear the silicon off of the glass, which will not ruin the ultra clear lense, or do I just go about preping it the usual ways, toothpaste, etc.

i searched through the forums and I thought there use to be previous post about this but I can't remember for sure, nor was I able to find it.

Thanks

Steve

There are two varieties of Atomic Lenses - Ultra Clear and ARC

"Cleaning" the mask in the usual way would damage the ARC coating.

Doing so for the Ultra Clear is no problem.

I <3 my subframe mask :)

Thanks guys, that was the exact info I was looking for. I am going to be buying the ultra clear not the arc lense. So the normal toothpaste cleaning will work for the residue.

Thanks

Steve

Use baking soda toothpaste or make your own paste with a little bit of baking soda and water. I used a electric toothbrush. Did it in about 5 min until it felt squeeky clean. Did not fog once.

Back
Top Bottom