Atomic M1 vs. Scubapro MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the mk25/s600 but can't say much about the M1 because I have never used it. I do love my scubapro though. What I want to add is that when the folks above mention "cold water" I think they mean REALLY cold water. Like almost freezing even. Correct me if I am wrong.

I frequently dive with my scubapro down to about 45 degrees, never colder, and have never had free flow or freezing issues to date. Perhaps I have been lucky. Just a thought. Nonetheless, both have awesome reputations! Good luck!!

I have used MK25/250, MK25/S600 and Z1, M1, B1. The Atomic regulators are easy breathers, NO free flow at any depths, light and ergonomically designed.
However, ScubaPro reg can be serviced anywhere in the world.

Make your choice.

Atomic is #1 hands down.... We have 3 in the house and the scuba pros r190/200 250/650 all lay in the box havent been used for years

Go with Atomic. I've used both Scubapro and Atomic and I think Atomic is better than Scubapro. The T1x breath like a dream. Atomic requires you service it every 2 years.

NAUI-MD:
Atomic requires you service it every 2 years.

Atomic SUGGESTS that you have their regs (except the Z1) serviced every two years or 300 dives. You won't void your warranty if you decide wait, like with Scubapro. However there is no free parts deal with Atomic. Service interval for the Z1 is one year.

Thanks for all the contructive info.

I am partial to Scuba Pro, mostly because of the global service and free parts.

Great to hear the good points on the Atomic though. Is the warranty transferable, as SP is not.

Back
Top Bottom