Atomic M1 in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

potex

Reaction score
I live in Australia and am looking at buying a rig to travel around different parts of the world with as a DM..

After all the glowing reviews I would like to get an Atomic M1 reg but cant finad anywhere in Australia that sells them..

If I ordered one off the Net and had it sent over, would I encounter problems here or other places in the world to get it serviced?

Atomic sounds like a great brand, but their exposure isnt as great as say Scuba pro... Is there anything about this regulator that would prevent any decent scuba tech from servicing?

Thanks
Ben

potex:
I live in Australia and am looking at buying a rig to travel around different parts of the world with as a DM..

After all the glowing reviews I would like to get an Atomic M1 reg but cant finad anywhere in Australia that sells them..

If I ordered one off the Net and had it sent over, would I encounter problems here or other places in the world to get it serviced?

Atomic sounds like a great brand, but their exposure isnt as great as say Scuba pro... Is there anything about this regulator that would prevent any decent scuba tech from servicing?

Thanks
Ben

Definitely a great reg - I love mine!

The only servicing problem I could see is that a tech should have some specialized tools to service the M1. They're available from www.scubatools.com. Probably the most important tool is the jig that allows you to fill the first stage with Christolube after servicing (part of the environmental sealing). I suspect this would be a real pain to do without the right tool.

That said, Atomic's warranty is pretty flexible about who services your regs. The only other trick would be to get the parts kits for the overhaul, but any sympathetic Atomic dealer would probably sell them to you by phone and ship them to you so you could get your reg serviced locally. Personally, I'm hoping that either my LDS brings in a rep to run a servicing course or that I can catch the seminar at an upcoming DEMA - Atomic is still a growing brand, and not that common yet. That way I could do my own trouble-shooting if I needed to if I've diving somewhere without local Atomic dealers.

hi mate,i own an atomic b1 and my advise is to buy a differend brand regulator,i also own all[poseidon models]and they are more rugged and have better breathing characteristics,rodales scuba magazine did a high rating on all atomics because of their advertising in this mag,the scubapros breathe just as good as the atomics ,the choice is yours,peace mate

I love my Atomics; I have a M1 and a T1x and dig them both. They breathe better than any reg I have used before and are build great to. I also have a Poseidon Xsteam and it is a great reg but it does not breathe as effortlessly as the Atomics do unless you are very deep.

You can send your reg into Atomic for service and they will have it back to you in less then a week. I am in the States and it was back with in 5 days. They are great to work with.

Plus they for sure have the cool factor going for them.

That is the first time I have ever heard any thing negative about the brand, even from divers that swear by Apeks, Scuba pro or Poseidon. They might say that they are too expensive but they will agree that they are a great reg.

Back
Top Bottom