ATOMIC FINS `to buy or not to buy`

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOG-SPLITTER

Contributor
Reaction score
I`m looking to buy a really good pair of fins for the tropics and for cold water diving.

My LDS is recomending the Atomic split fin open heel.And the full foot for warm water.
Does anyone recomend these fins?and if not anything of equal or higher end quality??

http://www.atomicaquatics.com/

Thx to all that help .

I think its what your preference is. If you have the opportunity to try different pairs of fins prior to purchase then the would be the ideal situation. If not then....well you might have to rely on what others tell you. At the shop I assist at for my DCS the students get to try at least 6 different fins. My guess is that at least 50% choose the Atomic splite fin.

Atomics are great. I use them (open heal) all the time and have no problems. If I had to do it all over again I would not hesitate to purchase them again. For travel I use closed heal Mares Volvo Race....super light.

I would try split fins before buying them. Some people love them and some people hate them.

No need to buy both unless you really want to buy 2 pairs of expensive fins. Lots of people use booties and open heel fins in warm water. If you will doing any shore diving in the tropics booties are often a better idea.

I use the Atomic open heel fins for diving everywhere and love them. My DM's do too. It's all a personal preference thing. We use them in warm water as well. They are great fins. We did our own performance testing on them and they worked great in all types of situations. (As the multiple posts on the subject of Atomic fins will attest to).

Good luck and Happy Diving,

Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

Absolutely love my Aquatics. Will not go anywhere without them. Whats more, i don't get out diving as often as i live, due to costs, but i get out snorkelling every weekend. And the Aquatics are perfect for snorkelling.

The best method is to test them yourself. But i love them to absolute bits.

wow thx for the advice.

I just bought both the full foot and the open heel:)

sucks when you cant make up your mind.

Back
Top Bottom