Atomic Comfort Swivel with Scubapro Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newfie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a Atomic regulator hose with a comfort swivel. I’m trying to mate it to a Scubapro S600 (failing that a Apeks XTX200) second stage. The thread of the second stage matches the thread of the comfort swivel. Unfortunately, the connection won’t hold pressure and clearly the second stage end of a typical regulator hose is not the same as the end of the comfort swivel so there’s something missing. Is there an adapter available for the comfort swivel that will allow it to work with the S600?

I've got several regs (both Atomic regs and non-Atomic regs) to which I've added those Atomic swivel hoses over the years. Atomic makes 3 different hoses:
PN 02-0095-3P (stainless steel/Atomic regs only)
PN 02-0195-3P (titanium/Atomic regs only)
PN 02-0097-3P (stainless steel/Universal fit for all other regs)
...you need to make sure you are using the correct hose for the reg in question. If you have the 'wrong' hose, there MIGHT be a way to maybe add a missing connector/part so that it could be used.....but if that's the case I'd PM the Atomic rep here on SB 'DarcyAtomic' I believe and inquire...or check with your local Atomic dealer...or just give Atomic a call.

there is a Hose swivel available for the Apeks from Apeks/Aqualung

Aqua Lung - Professional Diving Equipment

Part# AP0203J Apeks Hose w/Swivel 29" x 1/2
or AP02031J Apeks Hose w/Swivel 29" x 3/8

it might not be available in the USA though...

I believe what you're looking for is the "Universal Comfort Swivel"

Atomic Aquatics - the World's First Titanium Regulator
Universal Comfort Swivel
One of the most popular innovations for the Atomic Aquatics regulators is now available to fit other regulator brands. The Universal Comfort Swivel will fit virtually any second stage on the market today. If your regulator uses a standard 9/16"-18 low pressure hose fitting as most do, the Universal Comfort Swivel simply replaces your existing hose assembly. Constructed of chrome plated brass and stainless steel.

Kirby Morgan also make one of those called the Hi Flow swivel P/N #305-017

Sounds as though you are putting an Atomic hose specific for Atomic regs on the 2nd stage. That ain't going to work as you have found out. That is because the atomic reg inlet tube is "longer" than the other regs. For instance, if you put std hose on the atomic reg you will notice that it will go only part way on leaving some of the inlet tube exposed. When using a std hose you need to add a jam nut first. Likewise you would need to have a similar exposed length on another mfg's reg for the Atomic hose to seal properly.

As was said you need to get the atomic swivel hose for non atomic regs. Failing that, get a std. hose.

I have a Atomic regulator hose with a comfort swivel. I’m trying to mate it to a Scubapro S600 (failing that a Apeks XTX200) second stage. The thread of the second stage matches the thread of the comfort swivel. Unfortunately, the connection won’t hold pressure and clearly the second stage end of a typical regulator hose is not the same as the end of the comfort swivel so there’s something missing. Is there an adapter available for the comfort swivel that will allow it to work with the S600?

It's a really nice swivel (My M1s came with them).

However before you go too far down that road, I wanted to mention that you can achieve the same effect (no pulling or twisting) without a swivel, by using the correct length hose and routing it so it doesn't pull.

Terry

Hi Newfie,

If you have any other reg other than Atomic you need the Universal Swivel part 02-0097-3P. That is the only one that will fit w/ non Atomic regs. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Cheers,
Darcy Benward
Atomic Aquatics

How about a picture of that Universal Swivel Darcy?

Thank you,

Couv

Couv--

It looks just like the Atomic-specific swivel, but it's got a shorter end; one that will fit all other second stages except Poseidons. The swivel is the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom