Atomic Cobalt totally dead. Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRUSTACEAN

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey I need some help,

I just got a brand new Cobalt, and I haven't even dove it yet. I set it all up, tested it on my gear and tank, worked fine. The unit went to sleep (at least I assume it did) about two weeks ago. I am gathing my gear up this evening to get ready for a dive day after tomorrow, and the thing is totally dead. Won't come on, doesnt respond to any of the buttons, nothing. I have been charging it for about 40 minutes now and still nothing. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just looked it up ... That is one really expensive computer :shocked2: !!!

No luck last night, I am calling the LDS this morning, sure hope they can do something with it. Bummer

as was already mentioned, PM RonR here. He is heavily involved in the design/engineering of the unit and has successfully helped people with problems that sound like this before. It'll probably require removing the battery, but he says its is simple and will provide complete instructions.

..may have been better to start with Atomics (and your LDS) and not here. Just saying.

Maybe, I was trying to find someone that might be able to tell me what I was doing wrong, or possibly knew a fix for the thing, that's all. Thanks for the helpful commentary..

Next time, just buy a Shearwater Predator. More computer, costs less, easier to use.

Back
Top Bottom