Atomic Cobalt dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron would you be able to send me the instructions for that as well. I am going diving on Sunday. Ordusty if you have them could you send them to me please. thank you.

I have a brand new Cobalt 2 that has never been in the water and is dead. I have never plugged it in with the USB I tried the wall charger and nothing. Can you send me the instructions to take out the battery and refit it? donnascroggins@live.com.

I have a brand new Cobalt 2 that has never been in the water and is dead. I have never plugged it in with the USB I tried the wall charger and nothing. Can you send me the instructions to take out the battery and refit it? donnascroggins@live.com.

Have you tried the reset function? Press and hold the Back and Select buttons for 11 seconds or more. Has this been sitting for a long time, enough for the battery to go dead? Or was it left with the adapter on the Cobalt? I will send the instructions, but I'm curious why it won't wake.

Ron

I left it plugged in all night and completely removed the wall charger then tried the reset function and it powered on. the unit was picked up from the dive shop and has set on the shelf for about 4 months.

Sounds as if the battery had died. Fully charged it should be able to standby for 5-6 months, but we don't know the state of charge when it arrived at the shop. The charging adapter should be removed when using the reset function.

You should be good to go, then.

Ron

Ron, I've got a Cobalt 1 too, and same issue... it won't wake up even after being plugged in from completely dead. I've got a dive in Sunday and need my machine to wake up! Can you please send me instructions for the battery removal to r1pitt@hotmail.com. Thanks very much.

Ron, I've got a Cobalt 1 too, and same issue... it won't wake up even after being plugged in from completely dead. I've got a dive in Sunday and need my machine to wake up! Can you please send me instructions for the battery removal to r1pitt@hotmail.com. Thanks very much.

Did you plug in using the USB charging side? If you plug in with USB on a dead battery, it won’t wake the Cobalt, it requires the wall charger to start up the program from a dead battery. I've sent you the link. Let me know how it goes.

Ron

Ron, your instructions you sent worked 100% and the Cobalt is back up and running again. Thanks so much for this.

Hey Ron I do not have any issues at this time. Just for future reference could you also send me these instructions. Thnx

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom