Atomic Cobalt 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll I used my cobalt 2 on 6 dives this weekend at lake mead and it worked great, however in shallow water or in direct sunlight I cannot see the screen, it's like looking at your I pad outside, a small problem to have but I will have to figure something out, the screen protector seems to make the screen a bit shinier and hard to see but the protector is definitely a must.
sincity

We'll I used my cobalt 2 on 6 dives this weekend at lake mead and it worked great, however in shallow water or in direct sunlight I cannot see the screen, it's like looking at your I pad outside, a small problem to have but I will have to figure something out, the screen protector seems to make the screen a bit shinier and hard to see but the protector is definitely a must.
sincity
That's the downside of all emissive display technologies. They are much clearer and easier to see in normal to dim environments, but can be overwhelmed by very bright sunlight. It's exactly the same reason a bright light bulb, left on in bright sunlight, can be hard to see. It's mostly a surface or very shallow water problem, I've yet to be in a situation where just shading the screen a bit with my hand didn't allow me to read it. But then, I live in the Pacific Northwest, and sun is often a theoretical concept.:wink:

Ron

Lol Ron, thanks, something to think about for the cobalt three, some type of dual screen that you can switch between, there is nothing but sunlight here in Vegas.
thanks for the help.
sin city

Just got home and got to play around with my new Cobalt 2. So far I'm very impressed with it. I'll be heading to Bonaire next week to get it wet. I do have a question though. In compass mode, once you set a heading how do you get it off of there.

Just got home and got to play around with my new Cobalt 2. So far I'm very impressed with it. I'll be heading to Bonaire next week to get it wet. I do have a question though. In compass mode, once you set a heading how do you get it off of there.
There is always at least one heading and a 180° reciprocal bearing showing in the compass- the 120° and 90° markers are optional choices in the set bearing setting dialog. So you get one out by setting a new one.

Ron

Ron ... Just upgraded from Cobalt 1 to 2 down here in Sydney. Noticed the pre-dive check display is screwy. The low gas warnings are fine, but then Max Depth:ace: ....? What's this? Also, the profile mode does not work properly... Graph shows descent to ~10m then a flat line until ascent? Data is correct, but profile graph is very wrong. Tried to see if you had an upgrade, but your website has been down! Matter of fact, it seems down more than it is ever up? Maybe it's just trying from Sydney? Anyway... what's the latest SW version?

---------- Post added May 25th, 2014 at 10:22 AM ----------

Ron...! Y'all are amazing. After patiently waiting for the site to come back up (it always does), I followed your download instructions to upgrade to version 2.14. Fixed both the profile problem and predive issues. Good on ya, mate!

Thanks, not sure why the site should be down unless for maintenance. There will be firmware updates posted regularly, the 2.14 takes care of the display issues you saw. Hope you enjoy your Cobalt!
Ron

The chip is still causing depth miscalculations for some and as far as I know, Atomic have stopped shipping again. My own Cobalt has been there for several weeks now with no sign of return while they try to fix this problem across the board. Looks like Cobalt 1 all over again. I'm going on a trip in 2 weeks and pretty sure I won't have a working Cobalt by then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom