Atomic Aquatics Regulator Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teufel4K

Semper Fidelis
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So just got a T3 on my trip down in Key Largo from Divers Direct.

And I was just wondering how everyone sets their first stage up with the placement of the regulator and octo. Do you keep the factory placement of the bottom port for the regulator or swap it with an octo or don't even use the bottom port?

Funny story the regulator comes in a box inside a nice padded bag. The bag is sealed in plastic with a barcode sticker for the bag which scans for $70. Then inside the plastic bag is the padded bag which has a price tag in the handle that scans for $1969.95 I bought a few other small items and the Cashier rang everything up for a grand total of $119 dollars. I started to laugh and explained theres a $2k regulator and maybe she should double check what she scanned lol. She called a manager who explained to her the bag was free with my regulator but would have to scan the right barcode lol. The cashier thanked me and I explained that I work retail and know that would be bad news for her lol.

And I was just wondering how everyone sets their first stage up with the placement of the regulator and octo. Do you keep the factory placement of the bottom port for the regulator or swap it with an octo or don't even use the bottom port?

I have my primary second stage on a longer hose, 120cm, and connected to the top/bottom port with the turret facing down for recreational diving configuration. The oct./alternate second stage is connected to a shorter hose (or a standard LP hose) and on a bungee around my neck. If my buddy is OOA, I give him my primary (keeping the hose under my arm) and I take the alternate SS for myself.

So just got a T3 on my trip down in Key Largo from Divers Direct.

When diving singles both regs come off the side (vertical) of the turret. The LP inflator on the "opposite" side. The bottom port is not used.

Funny story the regulator comes in a box inside a nice padded bag. The bag is sealed in plastic with a barcode sticker for the bag which scans for $70. Then inside the plastic bag is the padded bag which has a price tag in the handle that scans for $1969.95 I bought a few other small items and the Cashier rang everything up for a grand total of $119 dollars. I started to laugh and explained theres a $2k regulator and maybe she should double check what she scanned lol. She called a manager who explained to her the bag was free with my regulator but would have to scan the right barcode lol. The cashier thanked me and I explained that I work retail and know that would be bad news for her lol.

Reminds me of my much younger years when a friend and I bought a case of shotgun shells. The case was sealed so the cashier scanned the bar code which was for a single box of shells. When we saw the price, my friend without missing a beat said to me "Think we should get another box?" I said "Sure, I'll run back and get another." In the mean time the cashier scanned the box again. We had great weekend skeet shooting.

singles reg.png

I've seen this posted in the past. Regrettably, I forget who was the first to do so.

The cashier thanked me and I explained that I work retail and know that would be bad news for her lol.
I admire your honesty.
"Think we should get another box?" I said "Sure, I'll run back and get another." In the mean time the cashier scanned the box again. We had great weekend skeet shooting.
Not so much.

@Teufel4K, I'm here in Key Largo now. I'm not available this afternoon (busy diving), but I'd be happy to take a look at your hose routing for you.

@Teufel4K, I'm here in Key Largo now. I'm not available this afternoon (busy diving), but I'd be happy to take a look at your hose routing for you.
Been gone since Tuesday haha but thank you for the offer.

View attachment 724969
I've seen this posted in the past. Regrettably, I forget who was the first to do so.
Well, here I am at 1am reconfiguring my B2 after seeing this. It just makes sense. We'll see how it all works out in the water.

I know it's an old post, but worthy of attention. I always thought it seemed awkward using that bottom port unless it was for a pony bottle or something.

I didn't care how the hoses butted against my BC in the previous configuration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom