Atomic Aquatics Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I've been able to gather, the first release will be a console style and they'll be doing a wrist mount some time after.

From what I've heard (second hand from the LDS, unfortunately), it's going to be running something like DivePlanner Lite on board, is there any truth to this?

I like that it has 4 buttons. In general, I think more buttons makes the menu system easier to use.

Also I'd be skeptical about buying a first generation, while companies like Suunto have been making computers for years.

Adam

Aparrently they've modeled the menu system after that of a cell phone, hence the four buttons. It's supposed to be very easy to navigate and get to what you want to get to.

Aparrently they've modeled the menu system after that of a cell phone, hence the four buttons. It's supposed to be very easy to navigate and get to what you want to get to.

And, in case it is still too difficult ... we can always make a class for it :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

...Also I'd be skeptical about buying a first generation, while companies like Suunto have been making computers for years.

Adam

Everything that Atomic has put on the market has been top notch. I'm usually very skeptical of new gear, assuming most of it to be "gimmicky", but Atomic has proven me wrong time and again - to the point that I'll trust them this time.

Suunto hasn't exactly been the pinnacle of reliability.

Everything that Atomic has put on the market has been top notch. I'm usually very skeptical of new gear, assuming most of it to be "gimmicky", but Atomic has proven me wrong time and again - to the point that I'll trust them this time.

Suunto hasn't exactly been the pinnacle of reliability.

I would mention their absurdly-priced snorkel... but otherwise, yes, Atomic makes really solid gear.

I would mention their absurdly-priced snorkel... but otherwise, yes, Atomic makes really solid gear.

I agree, the snorkels are really expensive...BUT...I tried one, and again I was amazed at the ease of clearing - it's honestly like nothing I've ever used before. I didn't buy one because I'm not that picky about snorkels and don't use one very often, but if I was on a search for the perfect snorkel, Atomic would win - again.

Hey CD I bought one of those absurdly expensive SV1 snorkels and it was worth every dollar i'll have you know lol...I hope its not like the one currently showing on their web site, it looks like a VHS Video, it looks kinda big and clunky...

Back
Top Bottom